Why become a member? ×

Helpful technology perhaps

Captain Rumble

I have just joined a band and they have given me a list of 40+ songs some original some covers with the first gig being at the 100 club in February and I'm looking for some technology to help me learn them and to use on gigs. I am thinking a tablet of some kind and software that I can use to create chord charts/ score etc and will present said chord charts in whatever order I require but my knowledge of such things is sadly almost non-existent. I'm not a complete Luddite just never had the need to use such equipment so any suggestions and advice anyone has would be very much appreciated also general suggestions on the best ways to learn songs in a hurry given that I am not a fast study.

My hi tech plan for my second go at gigging after a long break is to have BIG setlist sheets on the floor with the chord structure for verse chorus and bridge next to each song.

we need autocue like the tv stations use. or a lacky with white cardboard sheets hehe

but yeah I have seen an app that lets you change song order etc, and there are usb and bluetooth devices to turn the page for you. I'll let someone who uses one chime in.

Edited by bazztard

I'm wondering if I have put this in the wrong place 100+ views but only one response Thanks Bazztard. Now it could be that your all as ill informed and dense as I am which I feel is extremely unlikely, or maybe your all too busy playing with the new toys you got for Christmas which is far more likely either way will someone please help this old duffer up his game.