Why become a member? ×

NBD - First Bass in too many years!

Bridgehouse

Hello! Returning to bass playing after many years. I played in a function band back in my Uni days in the early 90's and I've been on smaller fretted instruments since then. Decided it was time to get back into Bass to try something different for gigging.

I'm pretty sure the Bass I had back in the 90's was a Peavey.. but it was borrowed from a friend at the time and I can't remember which one it was...!

However, decided to get a Bass that I've always wanted so picked up an EBMM Stingray 4 3EQ in Natural w/Maple Neck. Yum. Loving it and glad to be back!

[quote name='grayn' timestamp='1483009588' post='3204043']
A truly beautiful bass.

Fantastic choice.
If that doesn't get you back into bass playing, nothing will.

Congrats.
[/quote]

Thanks! I've had about 20 hours on it over the hols.. Getting addictive.. Using a Helix as an audio interface and amp with a couple of studio monitors so I can play along to plenty of tunes is helping tho...!

Edited by Bridgehouse

[quote name='Bridgehouse' timestamp='1482928423' post='3203551']
Hello! Returning to bass playing after many years. I played in a function band back in my Uni days in the early 90's and I've been on smaller fretted instruments since then. Decided it was time to get back into Bass to try something different for gigging.

I'm pretty sure the Bass I had back in the 90's was a Peavey.. but it was borrowed from a friend at the time and I can't remember which one it was...!

However, decided to get a Bass that I've always wanted so picked up an EBMM Stingray 4 3EQ in Natural w/Maple Neck. Yum. Loving it and glad to be back!

[/quote]Beautifully simple. Nice.

[quote name='Bridgehouse' timestamp='1483008524' post='3204037']

You know, at first I wasn't sure - but I've seen the light and the tort is great. Much better than black with natural finish I think..
[/quote]
I might buy some tort for my vintage brand mm copy, now I've seen that