Why become a member? ×

## SOLD ## Fender MIJ Steve Harris Precision (Blue Sparkle) upgraded with Custom Shop '62 Pickup
£650

Deedee

Up for grabs is my MIJ Steve Harris signature Precision (2009 I believe). Quite a weighty beast with a nice chunky neck that you could swing from. Here's a link to the original spec:

[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-steve-harris-p-bass#productDetail"]http://www.musicians...s#productDetail[/url]

I've upgraded the pickup to a Fender Custom Shop '62 and it sounds fantastic (I no longer have the original SPB1). If you like zingy it'll need some new strings, if not then it's fitted with some Fender 7250ML's that are approximately 6 months old.

One of the original tuners was a little stiff for my liking so I replaced them all with Wilkinson equivalents. I still have the originals which will obviously be included. The screw holes etc were all the same and I left the original ferrules in place so no harm done if you wanted to swap them back.

The bass does have a few knocks on the body which have been touched up by the previous owner. The main one is between the bridge and the pickup which although quite a ding, is barely noticeable as the finish of the bass does tend to hide knocks very well.

There's also a small ding on the face of the headstock and 4 tiny indentations at the fourth fret beneath the D and G strings where it looks like something has pressed against it at some point.

These are minor marks but I've tried to mention everything. All in all it's a very honest bass that's been used, plays and sounds great and just needs a new home. I'll also supply a cheap and cheerful non-Fender hard case.

EDIT - Possible trades - Hit me with what you've got amp wise, basses would need to be 5's. I can only say no 😉.

I'm in South Yorkshire but as always, willing to meet up. I am willing to post in the UK only at the buyers expense.

## PLEASE NOTE - UK buyers only please ##

Edited by Deedee

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1483029159' post='3204281']
And you put this up when I was on my way to buy a FSR 60's Classic Jazz RI.

:dash1:

If you'd put it up 24 hours earlier it would have been mine :sad:
[/quote]

And then, someone else's next week :lol:

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1483029436' post='3204286']
And then, someone else's next week :lol:
[/quote]

You've been told before my lad...........
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/yellow_card_referee_dies_zpsh0tynojt.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/yellow_card_referee_dies_zpsh0tynojt.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

:lol:

Re-opened/bumped.
[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1483012131' post='3204068']
Up for grabs is my MIJ Steve Harris signature Precision (2009 I believe). Quite a weighty beast with a nice chunky neck that you could swing from. Here's a link to the original spec:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-steve-harris-p-bass#productDetail

I've upgraded the pickup to a Fender Custom Shop '62 and it sounds fantastic (I no longer have the original SPB1). If you like zingy it'll need some new strings, if not then it's fitted with some Fender 7250ML's that are approximately 6 months old.

One of the original tuners was a little stiff for my liking so I replaced them all with Wilkinson equivalents. I still have the originals which will obviously be included. The screw holes etc were all the same and I left the original ferrules in place so no harm done if you wanted to swap them back.

The bass does have a few knocks on the body which have been touched up by the previous owner. The main one is between the bridge and the pickup which although quite a ding, is barely noticeable as the finish of the bass does tend to hide knocks very well.

There's also a small ding on the face of the headstock and 4 tiny indentations at the fourth fret beneath the D and G strings where it looks like something has pressed against it at some point.

These are minor marks but I've tried to mention everything. All in all it's a very honest bass that's been used, plays and sounds great and just needs a new home. I'll also supply a cheap and cheerful non-Fender hard case.

Possible trades - Barefaced Gen 3 Super Twin (Silver Cloth)

I'm in South Yorkshire but as always, willing to meet up.

EDIT ## PLEASE NOTE - UK buyers only please ##
[/quote]

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1484394973' post='3215157']
If I could justify having another one of these I'd buy it as I have a spare spb1 to go with. Have a bump on me.
[/quote]

Cheers 😜

Will post to U.K. buyers at buyers expense

Edited by Deedee

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1484779984' post='3218485']
I love these basses and Harry was such a huge influence in my formative years
[/quote]

Yeah me too. A proper legend.

Saturday Bump 🥊

Hit me with any trade offers, I can only say no. TE based trades are always of interest, particularly an AH300-12 or AH600-12

Edited by Deedee