Why become a member? ×

SOLD Spector Q6 Pro six-string bass - in Holoflash! £350
£400

threedaymonk

Price drop! £350

I'm a little sad to let this go: it was my first B string, and I nursed it back to health from the state I bought it in. However, as my flat is beginning to resemble Denmark Street, I need to make some tough choices!

First things first: this is a Spector Q6 Pro bass, made in Korea. It's in the fabulous but nigh-impossible to photograph adequately holoflash finish. It weighs 4.8 kg (10 lbs 9 oz) so not a featherweight, but maybe not too bad for a 6-string. 35" scale. String spacing is 17 mm at the bridge. The neck is 54 mm wide at the nut. Pickups are EMG Hz, and the controls are vol-vol-bass-treble. It's currently fitted with Schaller strap-lock buttons: I'll supply the original buttons as well/instead, as desired.

When I bought this, it had a crack on the headstock where the B string tuner screw had split the wood. There were also a few dings on the neck. I repaired the crack and stripped and finished the neck with Tru-Oil, blending into the headstock. It's a good match with the original finish, and the repair and refinish is effectively invisible. The repair has held for years, so I'm confident that it's good. There are a few small dings on the body, but it's hard to see anything on the holoflash finish, and harder still to photograph them!

This can be tried out and collected in Rotherhithe, south-east London (SE16). I'll throw in a slightly tatty Kinsman semi-hard (firm?) case. I can post it within the UK at cost.

Edited by threedaymonk

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Max76' timestamp='1485117333' post='3221310']
String spacing?
[/quote]

It's in the first post!

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]String spacing is 17 mm at the bridge. The neck is 54 mm wide at the nut.[/quote][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
  • threedaymonk changed the title to SOLD Spector Q6 Pro six-string bass - in Holoflash! £350