Why become a member? ×

Big Baby 3 and what non Barefaced cab?

GILLY

I have one of the latest versions of the Big Baby and, as pleased as I am with on its own, I would like to add a second 12" cab to make a two cab rig for occasional gigs without PA support.

The obvious choice would be another BB2 or Super Midget but I can't justify the outlay just now. There are a few 12" cabs in the For Sale section at around the £300 mark and I was wondering if anybody has successfully paired their current generation Barefaced cab with another brand. I'm mindful that the 12" speaker in the BB2 has specs that are unique to it and Barefaced.

Anybody gone this route?

Email Alex and ask his opinion about the other cabs you've spotted.

Personally I'd only add another Barefaced cab. They are pretty unique and adding the wrong cab could ensure that neither is working as well as it should. That really wouldn't be a good use of your cash.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1483204546' post='3205418']
I used a Markbass 12" cab with my Big Baby, I'm sure Alex from Barefaced would be horrified but it honestly sounded, to me, great
[/quote]And how did it compare to using two BB? :unsure:
I'm going to assume that you didn't try those two options side by side. The fact of the matter is that unless grossly mismatched any two cabs will sound better together than either does alone. Chances are a matched pair will work better than a mis-matched pair, whatever they are, as one will likely be a weaker link in the chain.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1483361432' post='3206478']
I thought piling up barefaced cabs of different speaker sizes with different cloths and badges upside down with the amp head being the largest box perched on top was advised by most users looking at the BF threads? :D
[/quote]

Now now :-) my S12 sits perfectly on my compact:-)