Why become a member? ร—

Shortened Hootenanny?

Grassie

I tuned in and out and because of this it did rather seem that I was watching last year's show: Seasick Steve (I do like him, however); Ruby Turner; Gregory Porter; Boogie Woogie. The only thing that marked it not as a repeat was Dave Swift's choice of bass, an Ibanez BTB 6 stringer this time, if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1483368981' post='3206565']
He can't help himself can he, that version needs no piano,lol.
[/quote]

It's the same with 'Later', it would be much better if JH didn't play frickin' boogie-woogie piano over everything.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1483291345' post='3205965']
Not sure what you mean.... :)
[media]http://youtu.be/QAVm2bWulLc[/media]
[/quote]

Every time she moved it sounded like someone groping a load of balloons in a bag... Jules [i]had[/i] to play to cover it.

I think the outfit was worn to divert your attention away from the lacklustre performance. To my mind she seemed to sleepwalk through most of her songs on autopilot. Must be hard to keep the enthusiasm for a song you've been singing almost continuously for the last 30 years.

[quote name='Ashweb' timestamp='1483553853' post='3208216']
I think the outfit was worn to divert your attention away from the lacklustre performance. To my mind she seemed to sleepwalk through most of her songs on autopilot. Must be hard to keep the enthusiasm for a song you've been singing almost continuously for the last 30 years.
[/quote]It's difficult to express enthusiasm when your face is barely able to move.

Gonna skip Hootenanny next time. Me and the missus have watched it every year for probably 8 or 10 years, but this last one was pรฒor. We'll be having a party with proper, danceable tunes and loads of alcohol. You're all invited. BYOB. ๐Ÿ˜Š