Why become a member? ×

This song melts my mind

MiltyG565

I've been listening to Vulfpeck for a couple of months now. I thank Basschat for that. There is a lot of their material on YT. I want to buy a couple of discs of theirs but not until I have the excesses of the season behind me.

Far more accessible to me than Jaco. Maybe it's my age.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1483345307' post='3206288']
I've been listening to Vulfpeck for a couple of months now. I thank Basschat for that. There is a lot of their material on YT. I want to buy a couple of discs of theirs but not until I have the excesses of the season behind me.

Far more accessible to me than Jaco. Maybe it's my age.
[/quote]

Their latest album is great. When I worked in the music shop, I used to play a playlist called "Hipster funk", and it had one of their songs on it called It Gets Funkier II, which was my first encounter with them.

I think they're a very talented group of musicians, who have made funk and jazz elements accessible.

Ain't no doubt. There are good things going on with Vulfpeck. Lots of instrumental but the vocalist is just the right man to top it off. Love the guitarist's use of vocoder in their cover of Boogie on Reggae Woman too;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIYLPP-WXVY[/media]

The rhythm guitar's subtle but crucial. It shouldn't need saying but anyway, Joe Dart [i]is[/i] Ace of the bass for me just now.

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1483336702' post='3206261']
This is great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le0BLAEO93g[/media]
[/quote]

Very accomplished, but I find the dugga-dugga cavalcade of ghosts notes slightly grating after a while.

Edited by ahpook

I've been loving this band for about a year now and seeing them in London a few months back was truly amazing! I was drawn in by the bass lines but vocals, keys, guitar, drums are all off the scale!

I've been trying to learn some of joe darts lines but the tempos always seem to be a little out of reach for my limited ability. :-( think I'll need to start a tribute band called halfpeck and play them all half time! :-)

[quote name='Davo-London' timestamp='1483700534' post='3209330']
I had a Vulfpeck-fest last night. Amazingly tight group of musos having fun. Great playing.

Davo
[/quote]

Totally agree! A friend and colleague was having a bad day yesterday. I sent her the Smile Meditation video last night, and she said it really helped. I think the pictures of smiling dogs is what did it for her :)

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1483701685' post='3209339']
What you do in private is [i]your[/i] concern, just...consensual, eh ?

;)
[/quote]

Friend or foe, we can both enjoy the dugga dugga :)

• 2 weeks later...

Im a HUGE fan... all my songs lately are heavily inspired by vulfpeck in one way or another....

posted one.....

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/298864-vulfpeck-inspired-song-thoughts-and-comments-please/

Edited by GisserD