Why become a member? ×

Moving from uk to poland

fiatcoupe432

Hi all , after 12 years living in the uk me my wife and our 2 yo son we thinking of relocating to Wroclaw in Poland .
I'm italian and my wife is polish but we have been living in uk since 2005.
Now...... I love the uk and I have a very good job , not good money but a job everyone would def love. I work on one of the most amazing place in uk Bantham . I work 6 month of the year full time 3 month only 2 days a week (weather permitting ) and 3 month off of course paid all year around around £18000 a year before tax .
This job give me lots of time on concentrating on music . In 2013 me and my band realised our first album which sold over 80000 copies been voted iTunes best of 2013 , let's say I had axing experience and lucky to achieved this , played amazing shows tour America couple of times etc. then lots happened we took 2 years break and started writing again . However this is the part where my wife decided to move and i do feel a bit i need to supported me in this as she supported me in the last 5 years and i also could do with a scenery change btw we both 34 .
Any polish people here know about Poland music scene?is it easy to find job , i speak English Italian Spanish a bit of French and still learning polish.I be been in Wroclaw lot of times and amaze me every time.
Thanks for your advice

[quote name='Winny Pooh' timestamp='1483394327' post='3206868']
Is your wife intending (as native speaker) to be the primary breadwinner? And having said that does she want kids?

Would you mind quitting your current band for a much smaller scene?
[/quote]
Chhers man for the reply
Wealready have a 2 year old son and regarding the work she will def be the one earning the most in between us however this will require both of us working as the living cost is expensive based on the salary.
Regarding music ....we are finishing writing album 2 then gonna see what happens , might be that the 2 years break wont help us , so then I dont mind moving wjere thereis a smaller music scene

I don't know but suspect that Poland will have a lot to offer in a different way. All the best with it. Do you know Roman Koc?, the man behind GMR basses. He relocated to the UK and I see he's back in Poland now. You could try to make contact.

I hope you get some help. What is your band called btw?

Peter

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1483345673' post='3206292']
Hi all , after 12 years living in the uk me my wife and our 2 yo son we thinking of relocating to Wroclaw in Poland .
I'm italian and my wife is polish but we have been living in uk since 2005.
Now...... I love the uk and I have a very good job , not good money but a job everyone would def love. I work on one of the most amazing place in uk Bantham . I work 6 month of the year full time 3 month only 2 days a week (weather permitting ) and 3 month off of course paid all year around around £18000 a year before tax .
This job give me lots of time on concentrating on music . In 2013 me and my band realised our first album which sold over 80000 copies been voted iTunes best of 2013 , let's say I had axing experience and lucky to achieved this , played amazing shows tour America couple of times etc. then lots happened we took 2 years break and started writing again . However this is the part where my wife decided to move and i do feel a bit i need to supported me in this as she supported me in the last 5 years and i also could do with a scenery change btw we both 34 .
Any polish people here know about Poland music scene?is it easy to find job , i speak English Italian Spanish a bit of French and still learning polish.I be been in Wroclaw lot of times and amaze me every time.
Thanks for your advice
[/quote]

Sorry, I have nothing helpful to add... but my girlfriend is from Wroclaw and I love the place too. I never miss a visit (or five) to Spiz everytime I'm there :)
Make sure you post here when you're settled in Wroclaw and gigging there, and I'll come and say hi :)

It's a big move for you both. You both need to be sure it's what you want.
But it sounds to me like you need a change. One of you being a natural speaker must be a big advantage.
I'm sure you'll learn more quickly when you're in the "deep end"

Whatever you decide - best of luck with it. And I think your age is definitely on your side. Don't leave it too late :)
.... Just realised, that sounds like I want you to leave - but really I don't, honest :)

EDIT: For me, I'd have to check out the local music scene first - I'd just jam along whenever & wherever I could.....

Edited by Marc S