Why become a member? ×

Revelation RJT60B

BigGuyAtTheBack

Always wanted a Fender bass VI but of course no left handers. Spotted this on evilbay and snapped it up. £229.99 delivered couldn't resist. First impressions it looks and feels bloody good for the price, light weight. The fret ends are a tad sharp but I'm not complaining at this price. 3 single coil pickups, vol, tone, 5 way selector and the varitone switch which has a good sweep of tones. I have only tried it through my practice rig, it sounds really good with a good range of tones. Set up wasn't great out of the box, again this ain't a problem for me. I removed the Vibrato and locked it down, set the neck relief and did the intonation. Chords up the dusty end are sweet! Definately a gigable bass.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1483453397' post='3207213']
i have the RBJ67 jazz style bass and i have to say i was very impressed for the money nicely put together and the entwistle pickups sound really nice
[/quote]

I agree. I was able to sneak one over here to the USA and can't believe the tone and beauty of the bass for the price. I would put it up against any Squier, Ibanez, Epiphone, or other second tier basses under 500USD. It's absolutely stunning to look at. Natural finish. The body is almost like a butterscotch see through finish that's creamy. The neck is white maple with pearloid block inlays. A beauty! And the tone! Because the body is dense the tone is exceptional. Very growly and it really sustains.

Alan Entwistle is on to something here with his design. Highly recommended!

[quote name='BigGuyAtTheBack' timestamp='1483377710' post='3206687']
Always wanted a Fender bass VI but of course no left handers. Spotted this on evilbay and snapped it up. £229.99 delivered couldn't resist. First impressions it looks and feels bloody good for the price, light weight. The fret ends are a tad sharp but I'm not complaining at this price. 3 single coil pickups, vol, tone, 5 way selector and the varitone switch which has a good sweep of tones. I have only tried it through my practice rig, it sounds really good with a good range of tones. Set up wasn't great out of the box, again this ain't a problem for me. I removed the Vibrato and locked it down, set the neck relief and did the intonation. Chords up the dusty end are sweet! Definately a gigable bass.
[/quote]

Please excuse the dumb question-- but is that bass tuned like a guitar only an octave lower? I've often wondered how they would tune the two highest strings. Thanks!

[quote name='alaskaleftybass' timestamp='1489273445' post='3255732']
Please excuse the dumb question-- but is that bass tuned like a guitar only an octave lower? I've often wondered how they would tune the two highest strings. Thanks!
[/quote]

Exactly that. I bought one of these myself recently and it's great fun, but I do tend to think of it as more of a guitar than a bass.