Why become a member? ×

Re- Introduction

Dan_Q

Hi All :)

I need to re-introduce myself on here. I am mainly a reader, but was active a good amount of years ago when I first started playing with bass. Ive searched for my old thread but the "your content" doesn't seem to go back that far! :gas:

So to recap, I'm Dan, late 30's, from northwest region of uk, play guitar mainly and a bit of bass, home player until recently for 20 years, was in a band in my early teens. I'm into mainly indie but like pretty much anything musically (in the last month or so i've been to see indie, pop, punk and ska bands).

Since my last stint on here I've just been having the odd play, still mainly a guitar chords man (saying i'm a rhythm guitarist implies a level of ability) but started playing lots more over the last 12/18 months.

End of last year i met with a couple of friends for my first Jam in................... 20 years :blush: I took along a guitar, a small pedalboard, a bass and rented a bass amp to put it all through- and really enjoyed it!

As i was the only guy with a bass there i was prob on the bass as much as i was guitar, and we do plan to meet again (in the next few weeks with any luck) and i've learnt a couple of simple bass parts ready for next time.

I suppose one thing leads to another- i live in 2 places and have a bass and a small amp at each, but if this jamming becomes regular I've no doubt I'll be needing to ask daft questions and of course i'll be gassing for kit- it's inevitable! :lol: so yes- dullard n00b questions will be flowing onto the boards from me in the not too distant future i imagine.

So, hello again all, i hope everyone is good :)

Edited by Dan_Q

[quote name='baldwinbass' timestamp='1483617941' post='3208681']
Hi Dan, great to see you're back/active - though you were on here long before I'd even heard of BC!
[/quote]

Ha ha thanks man :) its good to be back :)

ha ha yeah i feel i'm gettin rather old........... I wouldnt mind if i'd developed my bass skills much in all these years!

Thanks Marc 😀 Well thank you very much! But I do sometimes feel it 😉
Just been looking through some pics, are we gear pic hungry here?
This is the rig I set up (amp is rented) at the last jam I was at