Why become a member? ×

Joined a new band

Harryburke14

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1483610445' post='3208602']
I know It's VERY tempting to go for a second-hand amp, but I stress you head down to somewhere with reasonable stock and try a few out first I'm so glad I did. I'd gone into the store dead set on buying one thing and left with something completely different I'd taken my bass and spent 20 mins with the amp in question unable to find usable tones , then tried my markbass found my sound immediately and left with a grin the size of a house, skipping back to the carry carrying the stupidly light combo in one hand .

Sound is very subjective, and amps definitely colour your tone, That being said for cost effective powerful rock tones, I'm surprised no-one's suggested one of the fender rumbles * [url="https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/2370606900/bass-combos/fender-rumble-500-v3-bass-amp"]https://www.anderton...500-v3-bass-amp[/url] *

I doubt you will need more than the 350 watts that the combo produces right off the bat but it leaves room for finding that second cab if you do need 500 watts.

Also before you go ahead and buy a gigantic 8x10 yourself what size venues do this band play? Will there be PA support, hell you may not even require an amp until you know the date of the first gig. I know its exciting to think about but I've found rehearsal room amps are getting better and better, one i'm going to in Clapham next week has my choice of markbass or GK :-S .
[/quote]

I use the Fender rumble v3 500 combo and love it.
Thought people might of got tired of me spouting off how great they are all the time :) and I'm not on any sponsorship.
I have the 210 extension cab for it as well, but only really need/use it at bigger gig's, tho I have it setup at the practice place all the time.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1483555700' post='3208240']

You should be able to get a decent 500w amp head and a 4 × 10 cab for that much.

That's your classic guitar band gigging rig.

Headwise I'd be looking for a second hand Hartke (which will weigh as much as a small house by the way), which should leave you plenty of change for a decent second hand cab.
[/quote]

I saw a real cool looking Mark Bass 2 X 10 combo for $699.00

Blue

Went into PMT today to buy patch cables. Left with a Fender Rumble 500 head and Orange 4x10 cab, for an absolute steal and 24 month interest free finance. Also, a minor cockuo involving them selling my cheapo gigbag has resulted in me getting a much more fancy, padded gig bag for nothing.

Problem one and two sorted.

[quote name='Harryburke14' timestamp='1483728669' post='3209698']
Went into PMT today to buy patch cables. Left with a Fender Rumble 500 head and Orange 4x10 cab, for an absolute steal and 24 month interest free finance. Also, a minor cockuo involving them selling my cheapo gigbag has resulted in me getting a much more fancy, padded gig bag for nothing.

Problem one and two sorted.
[/quote]
I think that's what's known as a result mate
As for problem 3, wing it.
I joined a new band this time last year and had 40 original songs to learn almost overnight (no exaggeration)
I've been winging it ever since..

[facetious quip]

I haven't gone to the polling site to look at what you came up with because I thought "The Spitballers" sounded just fine. I'm just hoping you didn't have that as one of the names already.

[/facetious quip]

Good luck with the venture my friend. Break legs.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1483879395' post='3210763']
[facetious quip]

I haven't gone to the polling site to look at what you came up with because I thought "The Spitballers" sounded just fine. I'm just hoping you didn't have that as one of the names already.

[/facetious quip]

Good luck with the venture my friend. Break legs.
[/quote]

Damn why didnt I put the Spitballers in there...