Why become a member? ×

Grippy Plectrums

Pow_22

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]I currently use Dunlop Max Grip Nylon picks as I love the rough grippy texture on them. [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]Does anyone know of any tortex material picks that also feature a grooved/grippy surface?[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ive tried Gator Grip ones but they seemed to lose their grip at the slightest hint of sweat. [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]What im really after is a grooved and rough surface but on a tortex type pick[/color][/size][/font]

Can't remember where I got the idea but I use the standard Tortex ones with a hole punched through the middle (use a heavy duty office hole-punch - standard flimsy ones will just bend!). You wouldn't believe the difference it makes to the grip!

A mate of mine once caught one of Dave Grohl's guitar pics at a gig and his was also a standard Tortex, but the grip area had been scored with a knife/sharp implement in a criss-cross pattern.

I've tried both methods they improved grip considerably - I just find the hole-punching less time-consuming.

YMMV of course.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' timestamp='1483615982' post='3208648']
Can't remember where I got the idea but I use the standard Tortex ones with a hole punched through the middle (use a heavy duty office hole-punch - standard flimsy ones will just bend!). You wouldn't believe the difference it makes to the grip!
[/quote]

This is actually a genius idea! Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to squeeze my Big Stubbys into a hole punch :(

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1488038020' post='3245295']
This is actually a genius idea! Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to squeeze my Big Stubbys into a hole punch :(
[/quote]

i saw the holepunch method in a guitar mag many moons ago, it only really works with a good holepunch and a fairly thin plectrum, i use a small drillbit (about 2mm) to drill a few holes in the area that i grip the plectrum, seems to work for me, and would work with much thicker ones as well.

Matt

Edited by Matt P