Why become a member? ×

I love my gear but...

TheGreek

Love my Trace Elliot gear, the weight I can live with, but I really wish the power button was on the front instead of the back...

Love my Bass Collection Nanyos but I wish the input socket wasn't at such a daft angle on the side..

So what lets your gear down??

I use various amps and a mains preamp. I wish the power socket on the back was the same orientation. When I lean over to plug in I can never remember whether the kettle lead goes in right way up/upside down/looking left/looking right. 'Cos the socket is most often invisible and I plug in by feel.

You mute my markbass head by pulling out the volume knob, invariably changing the volume when you do so, and when you push it back in. At least it gives me an excuse for that mysterious second set volume increase that sometimes happens though.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1483737695' post='3209795']
Love my Trace Elliot gear, the weight I can live with, but I really wish the power button was on the front instead of the back...

Love my Bass Collection Nanyos but I wish the input socket wasn't at such a daft angle on the side..

[/quote]

The couple of passive Speakeasy basses I've owned I wired a la Jazz, V V T. I used the 4th pot-hole as an input jack by just drilling it out a touch. The jack socket has to be a 'long'.

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/search/switchcraft-jack-long#page1:infscr8538

Edited by grandad

The A string on my Fender P Bass rattles at the bridge due to insufficient break angle at the nut. Fender will gladly sell me a string retainer to rectify this issue which is their fault in the first place.

I just wanted to join in. I still love this bass more than pretty much any human being I can think of!

Bridge cavities or saddles that are too small for a flatwound low B. Bridges that are too close to the neck and make proper intonation of the aforementioned low B impossible without taking off the saddle spring.
Warwick basses are guilty as charged, but the problem is by no means limited to them.

Nuts that aren't adjustable in height at both ends. Almost all makes of basses except Warwick are guilty of that.

[quote name='keeponehandloose' timestamp='1483740130' post='3209833']
Fx pedals have the input and output on the wrong sides. Input should be on left, out on right.
[/quote]
I wondered about that recently too when setting up a pedalboard. It's weird to us because our language goes that way, right? If we spoke Arabic, Hebrew etc it would seem perfectly sensible.

I think my Aguilar rig looks stunning and classic in its Chocolate Thunder (sniggers childishly) livery.
Just wish it didn't have the slight head overhang :(.

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0485_zps8n7ykf5o.jpg.html][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Richard_Pain/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0485_zps8n7ykf5o.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Rexel Matador' timestamp='1483744204' post='3209886']
I wondered about that recently too when setting up a pedalboard. It's weird to us because our language goes that way, right? If we spoke Arabic, Hebrew etc it would seem perfectly sensible.
[/quote]

lead comes out of instrument on right, so, goes into righthand side of pedal...one less thing to trip over :)

(if you're righthanded, of course)

Edited by thehillscorporation

The tiny toneprint selector switch in between the two toneprint knobs on my BH550. It's like it was designed for Lego men. It squishes your bloody finger and messes up the set levels on each knob. Also while were at it, the fact you can't blend two at the same time. Stupid stupid stupid.

Edited by 40hz

Fx pedals have the input and output on the wrong sides. Input should be on left, out on right.
[/quote]
[quote name='Rexel Matador' timestamp='1483744204' post='3209886']

[/quote]

Just mentally thinking through my pedal board every single pedal has input on the right and output on the left. And given I own pedals by TC Electronics, Joyo, Morley, EHX, Boss and Tech 21... I would hazard you're seriously swimming upstream on that one

[quote name='thehillscorporation' timestamp='1483745852' post='3209889']

lead comes out of instrument on right, so, goes into righthand side of pedal...one less thing to trip over :)

(if you're righthanded, of course)
[/quote]

Logical...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1483737695' post='3209795']

[/quote]

I've been using GK 1001rb's for about 7 years.

I still have to search for the "on" button.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1483748219' post='3209916']

Just mentally thinking through my pedal board every single pedal has input on the right and output on the left. And given I own pedals by TC Electronics, Joyo, Morley, EHX, Boss and Tech 21... I would hazard you're seriously swimming upstream on that one
[/quote]

So everyone agrees what way round they go, it's just that some find that way less than intuitive :)

Edited by Roland Rock

[/quote]

They also have the power input in different places on different pedals making it a wiring nightmare when daisy chaining several together!!

Edited by barneyg42