Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Stuff - Now Sold
£600

£325 Inc UK postage

For sale my Phil Jones flight case combo, I bought the flight case from here in 2015 - Shown here on top of the recently sold PB300

The combo comes with a high quality padded cover, PM for further or specific photos.

Price includes UK postage

Stupid offers will be ignored.

Bank transfer or Cash on handover.

Edited by No lust in Jazz

Exactly the rig I run, great sound that has garnered enthusiastic comments from drummer, guitarist and audiences alike. Someone will get themselves a very nice rig for very reasonable money here IMO. GLWTS.

D'you still have the flight-case? Is it in full working order? Some extra photos would be good.

I tried one out a few years ago but couldn't quite make myself spend the £650 asking price ... since then I tried the BG400 at bass direct; sharper and weightier, but also twice the weight and £750+. Having adicted myself to PJB, I reckon this would do the job for my double bass and fretlesses at the very least. Interested.

Also like PJB stucc. I sometimes bypass my Trace 1215SMX's pre-amp with a PJB bighead and have tried the Compact Suitcase (lovely, but still 49lbs and £750) the suitcase (also nice but spensive) and the flightcase (a tad less gutsy - but that may not be an issue).

If you can send me some general "wear and tear" type photos that would be great. It's not that I'm fussed about physical condition myself, but thinking of this as a long term trial to see if I get on with it (never tried one with a double bass or with my own basses) so may have to sell it on to another basschatter and either suffer the weight and price of the BG400 or lash out on a D-400 and a nice cab (!!) ... probably not.

I'm working in Australia at the moment, but back in a week or so before heading overseas again .. if I'm OK with the photos then sure we can work something out .. eg a deposit / payment and delayed shipping or collection. How far North West? I'll be up near Preston sometime and could maybe even collect. You can PM me if you don't want to share details en forum.

I'll get some additional photos added to the listing showing the generally good condition of the unit - This may not be today.

Not wanting to cause a panic in the 'buying a used PBJ flight case community' but I have had interest via PM - first to commit to buy, first served - deposits are not necessary.

I'd much prefer to meet up and hand the amp over - I'm currently working in Warrington and will gleefully meet at a local motorway services, pub car park, Starbucks etc..Price £300. Or, the price is £325 Posted in the UK - I can box it up with some bubble wrap, but this is the least preferred option. Note - money will need to be in my account before I do anything.

Please note my feedback and the kind comments from 'Teadrinker' above

Edited by No lust in Jazz

Actually Warrington is perfect; I have to deliver my Dog to a relative in Leigh before going abroad again. But if I lose it to the PM person by dithering and being abroad, C'est La Vie ... hope the competition enjoys it.

Btw, what are you buying as replacement?

Edited by NickA

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. Bought that. Pretty much as new. Thanks NLIJ.

Only had it a few hours but ...

It's TINY ... I'd forgotten how small and light these things are.

Straight out the box with all controls at 12 o'clock it's perfect with the double bass and acoustic bass guitar.

I'll need to do some more knob twiddling for the electric basses .. it's a total change in sound from my old Trace, which is very middy and penetrating, and the PJB, which is very flat response. 300W of 15" Trace Elliot sounds way more than 6dB louder than 150W of 4x5" PJB .. I guess it just shifts more air!

All round ... looking good.

Edited by NickA