Why become a member? ×

Focusrite Saffire Pro 24DSP recording interface has given up...

DawnPatrol1990

Hey guys

I've had a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP recording interface for about 3 years now which just stays on my desk plugged in to my mac via a FireWire cable. Always has done. 2 night ago, i plugged in some headphones to do some silent mixing and not disturb my family but the sound came out like it was under water (ha ha, i'm not that bad at recording) and then the right headphone out just stopped working.

I shut everything down, removed the cables from the Mac and plugged them back in then fired up my computer. The Focusrite powered up but the FireWire light didn't come on. This exact thing happened before and I had to send it back to Focusrite, they found that the FireWire port had broke and replaced it (for free). I've written to them about it happening again but not had a reply so I'm thinking i need a new interface now.

Can anyone on here recommend a recording interface for £150 max (including 2nd hand) whether it be firewire or USB connected? I need to get a new one kinda soonish as I have a few demos I need to record for an upcoming project.

Thanks
Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve.

If you haven't had a reply from Tech Support within 48hours, either they're incredibly busy and a little bit behind, or they haven't received it (sometimes emails are lost in the internet ether).
Give them a call and they'll be able to help:

01494 462246

Simon // Focusrite Media Relations