Basschat Noodle Bar - keep or cull?

vote

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Basschat Noodle Bar - keep or cull? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we keep or cull the Basschat Noodle Bar?

1. Keep it (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Cull it (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Skol303

Hyper elite mega member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

Ok y’all, a quick and simple question to kick-off the new year in the ‘Rec forum…

Shall we keep and re-launch the monthly Noodle Bar challenge?
Or should we cull and consign it to the annals of Basschat history?

If only a small number of you want to keep it going that’s absolutely fine by me. Likewise, I don't mind putting it out to pasture if the consensus veers that way.

So make your voice heard and VOTE! We do love a good vote down here, innit…

Comments welcome in the thread below, including any suggestions for other stuff you'd like to see happening in this forum :)

Edited by Skol303, 09 January 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#2 RockfordStone

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Bass, Recording, Production, Photography

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

i spend a lot of time on the recording forum, i don't really engage with the noodle bar.

no offence to those who take the time to do it, but listening to a 60 second "noodle" just doesn't do it for me, so I haven't listened to anything from it since the very first entry or two.

that said, anything that can get people playing is a good thing, but it just doesnt tickle my fancy.

#3 timhiggins

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

It seems a good idea to me as it takes no time and only requires a few minutes to listen and vote.

#4 Skol303

Hyper elite mega member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Thanks guys.

Anyone else like to chip in? So far it's nail-bitingly neck and neck :D

#5 the boy

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:none....

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

I've never entered, I keep forgetting about it. I don't think it's a bad idea but I like the composition competition idea better. It wouldn't be fair of me to express my opinion either way as I don't take part. This isn't really helping, is it?

Ok I'm gonna get off the fence and put my two pennies in. I think you should either keep it or scrap it. There you go.
Everything's relative.

#6 RockfordStone

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

if i was to be brutal, the whole thing could be done within the confines of a single stickied thread, and anyone who has a noodle can stick it in there, the challenge element just means someone has to routinely set up and manage a thread which realistically only 3 or 4 people enter.

ultimately, the decision should lay with that person who does the leg work for it, but i don't see enough input or interest in it to justify keeping on top of it every month, especially given the compositions challenge is more popular.

#7 Twincam

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Interests:Bass playing and repair. Lifting heavy objects. Music in general.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

I see the poll attracted all of three votes! Currently Haha.
I'm obviously up for keeping it going. I still think it was a good idea with good intentions. I think the recording section as a whole doesn't get enough attention. As I've said on many an occasion the rules were so simple practically anyone could join in. And while I think the main composition challenge is very good my thinking was that some people don't have the equipment, knowledge or time to put together a full composition.
So I thought the bare bones approach would attract some participation on the forum.

Maybe people just think its aimless noodling, which sometimes it is but it can be a section/passage of a song, a riff etc. Some have entered there isolated bass from the composition challenge.

I'm up for keeping it going as long as it gets some form of activity. You never know in 2017 it may become the next big thing haha.

Just one more thing. Maybe it would make it more interesting if we allowed use of a looper?

Edited by Twincam, 15 January 2017 - 02:02 AM.

A wise google translation once said.
"Often musicians and any Poser express derogatory first if you arrive by Behringer equipment"

#8 RockfordStone

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

i think you could keep the concept, and open up the thread for more, including loops etc, still keeping it at 60 seconds.

don't think it is an idea that is popular enough to warrant being a competition, BUT a pinned thread to allow people to share what they have noodled cant be a bad thing.

#9 Skol303

Hyper elite mega member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Good comments so far. I'm going to leave this thread open until the end of the month before taking stock of things :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users