Why become a member? ×

Ashdown RM White line cabs.

karlfer

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1486486578' post='3232209']
Maybe it's because most people use two ?
[/quote]

True. But most of the more expensive lightweight cabs take more wattage, and a lot of the new class d head units pump out more than 500 watts. I'd have thought cabs would follow the trend with head units really. 250 works for me now with my current set up, but if I upgrade from a combo to a new head and cab then this may get left behind unfortunately.

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1486927293' post='3235635']
I'm really interested in these cabs, Ashdown have them spec'ed at 14kg which is double the weight of the One10's I have just now. Did I read that the 700w driver brings the weight down to 11kg? Sure I read that somewhere.
[/quote]Mine are 12" with Sica drivers I'll weigh them tomorrow .

Has anyone had any experience of one of the RM500 115 combos, currently using a Fender rumble which i really like as its very portable and suits pub gigs i do at the moment

However always generally had Ashdown ABM amps and i swapped an ABM500 210 for the fender purely for ease of portability, This attracts me because of the weight and the fact i've always preferred 15's to 10's.

Guess what i'm asking is how these compare soundwise to the ABM'S, would prefer to stick to a combo as i like the ease of the plug and play

Cheers Steve

I`ve got the ABM600 with ABM210/410 cabs, and the RM500 with RM210/115 cabs. Impressions are that the ABM is a bigger sound, and has more presence in the lows when all set flat, but other than that I find them very similar, though have to admit I get my eq from my Sansamp. The only adjustment I make on the amps is on the ABM I back off on the lows to about 10 o`clock, whereas on the RM I leave all at noon. So to answer Peetys question - sortof - not that much difference between the two, though I`m guessing at higher volumes the ABM will fare better.

• Like 1

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1487244722' post='3238295']
I`ve got the ABM600 with ABM210/410 cabs, and the RM500 with RM210/115 cabs. Impressions are that the ABM is a bigger sound, and has more presence in the lows when all set flat, but other than that I find them very similar, though have to admit I get my eq from my Sansamp. The only adjustment I make on the amps is on the ABM I back off on the lows to about 10 o`clock, whereas on the RM I leave all at noon. So to answer Peetys question - sortof - not that much difference between the two, though I`m guessing at higher volumes the ABM will fare better.
[/quote]

Am guessing you are preferring the Ashdown cabs more than the Barefaced cabs you had Lozz?

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1487246018' post='3238313']
Am guessing you are preferring the Ashdown cabs more than the Barefaced cabs you had Lozz?
[/quote]I have the ABM Neo 4 x8 compared to the 2 12" RM cabs it does have more low end punch but it does weigh 48 lbs & I think it's only me that notices it because I'm standing right next to it . I have the Barefaced super compacts mrk3 then emphasize the 180 frequency that I cut to get the sound I like with the BF cabs using 2 x 12"rm cabs I do very little with the Eq .

[/quote]
How do you find the sound with the ABM600 & the RM cabs used together ?

Very nice Kevin, at home practice levels the sound is pretty much the same as with the ABM cabs, no real eq spikes to give a different flavour so to speak.

Raggy - yes I think I do slightly prefer the Ashdowns, they just seem to have a more forceful sound about them, like they`re pushing the sound at you, which playing punk just fits a little better for me. Still think the BFs are great though, and will always recommend them.

[/quote]

Thanks Lozz that's sort of what i guessed i'm in Manchester later so will go and try one out at PMT if it gets anywhere near the ABM then i think i'll probably get one

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1487321369' post='3238862']
Very nice Kevin, at home practice levels the sound is pretty much the same as with the ABM cabs, no real eq spikes to give a different flavour so to speak.

Raggy - yes I think I do slightly prefer the Ashdowns, they just seem to have a more forceful sound about them, like they`re pushing the sound at you, which playing punk just fits a little better for me. Still think the BFs are great though, and will always recommend them.
[/quote]

Hey mate, how does the desperation compare between the RMs and the BF?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1487323097' post='3238883']
I`ve not gigged the RMs yet so can`t really comment, but I`d suspect that the BF would be better on this.
[/quote]

Thanks dude, I look forward to hearing when you have :)

Eude

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1486486937' post='3232214']
I`ve got a couple of these on the way, a 210 and 115. I know the theories about different speaker sizes but this pair were decently priced, and every other 210/115 set-up I`ve had has worked great so am taking a punt.
[/quote]
I'm intrigued by these Lozz, be sure to give us a review;)