Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Fender Rascal s-s - now £495 del'd UK
£595

scrumpymike

If you're looking for a unique bass that offers all the playability of a short-scale while retaining the 'presence', balance and substantial feel of a 34" standard, then this is for you. That, plus a unique pup/control set-up that allows rapid switching between a wide range of tones, is why I couldn't wait to get one as soon as I heard about them. The custom-shop design and colour are obviously a subjective thing, but personally I love the way it looks too (sorry, only group pic available but I'll take some more).

[url="https://ibb.co/h66uja"][/url]

Here's the spec: Scale length - 30"; Construction - maple body / neck; Fretboard - 9.5"-radius rosewood with 21 medium jumbo frets; Width at nut: 42mm; PUPs - 3 x Seymour Duncan 'lipstick-tube' Strats; Controls - volume, tone, 5-position Strat-type switch with push/pull knob enabling 7 pick-up combinations.

Condition (including hard case) is mint/as new with no sign of wear as this bass hasn't been played much. Only offering this (and/or other stuff) for sale to fund big GAS bill!!.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=molxHHbKqbA"]https://www.youtube....h?v=molxHHbKqbA[/url]

Price is delivered UK mainland - £475 if collected or delivered by me anywhere between Bristol and Exeter.

Edited by scrumpymike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump - and £50 price reduction to £545 for a very special bass that's good as new. Here's what Fender said about it at launch time:

"Originally created in the Fender Custom Shop by Master Builder Jason Smith, the Rascal Bass joins the Fender lineup as a sleek short-scale Classic Player model loaded with distinctive features and personality. With its ’60s-era Bass VI body, three Seymour Duncan lipstick Stratocaster pickups, 30” scale and gorgeous gloss Ocean Turquoise finish with matching Coronado-style headstock, there’s no other Fender bass like the Rascal. Other premium features include a flat-sawn maple neck with a comfortable “C”-shaped profile, 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and special inlay scheme (bass-side dot markers from 3rd to 9th frets, double dots at 12th fret, treble-side dot markers from 15th to 21st frets), vintage-style heel-end truss rod adjustment, white pearloid pick-guard, five-way pickup switch with chrome 'barrel' tip, push-pull master volume control that delivers seven pickup configurations, master tone control, distinctive bridge with four adjustable steel 'barrel' saddles, vintage-style tuners and more. Short or Tall, Young or Seasoned this is a fun but professional bass that anyone will enjoy."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...