Why become a member? ×

Learning Ac-dc Live wire

vernon7026

I am trying to learn to play Ac-dc live wire, i am a new comer and still a lot tha i need to learn, etc etc.

but in between online lessons i am trying ac-dc live wire, its not going to bad just need to practise and also when the song changes direction i have to learn to get the timing correct to switch to different rhythm etc etc..

Oh well i will keep trying to plug away at it

Cracking song. We play it in our band. With ACDC its more about the feeling and interaction with the drums and guitar. There aren't usually that many notes but that doesn't mean they are easy. This one isn't too bad. Listen carefully and play along to the song.

It wasn`t really a Cliff bassline originally. It was played by on the record by Mark Evans or George Young depending whose story you believe. But Cliff is/was the man.

To the op. The best version is on the Let there be rock film from Paris in 79 imo. I play in a dc covers band and we always start with it and as it starts with the bass, I love it!

The most important thing as said above, is to lock in with the drums. Phil Rudd and Cliff are tighter than a nats chaf. Don`t add it too much either, they are simple lines, played very well. The amount of guys on Ya Tube I see adding in fills where there never was any <_<

Good luck!!

First song i ever learnt and then when i switched to playing guitar it was also the first rock solo i learnt note for note.

To me this songs is the classic example of how instruments complement each other. When the main drum rhythm kicks in and brings together the bass and guitar it sounds amazing. Simple but so tight.

Thanks for all the comments . The hardest part sometimes is the motivation as I don't know too many people who play instruments so it's not like I am practising with a band or anything .

I will try make a video sometime soon although it might suck. Can anyone recommend another fairly simple rock bass song to play along too ?

Cheers