Why become a member? ×

Meshell Ndegeocello coming live to the UK.

bubinga5

Meshell is doing some dates around the UK, Stopping off at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival. Playing on the same stage as Clint Eastwood's son a few years back.. Magical music. and she always gets the bass out, as that is what is her.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZPCYLAqxiU[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

How does the Cheltenham Jazz Festival work?

Do you just buy tickets for every act you want to see, or is there some sort of multiple gig ticket available?

If I was going to go I reckon I'd need to book into a hotel, so I'd like to see as many acts as possible, but not at £20 per act.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1484151180' post='3213085']

If I was going to go I reckon I'd need to book into a hotel, so I'd like to see as many acts as possible, but not at £20 per act.
[/quote]

No, I think you got that wrong.
Go and see as many as possible;They pay [i]you[/i] £20.00 per act. (It's Jazz, they need the audience). :D

I would like to see her, but Cheltenham is a bit far for me.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1484151180' post='3213085']
How does the Cheltenham Jazz Festival work?

Do you just buy tickets for every act you want to see, or is there some sort of multiple gig ticket available?

[/quote]
That's exactly it, pick and chose carefully! There is some free stuff in the Montpellier gardens, and lots of food stands etc. but didn't offer any proper ales iirc.
I mean, ffs, it's a jazz festival, isn't their target audience real ale drinking beard stroking old blokes?

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1484167799' post='3213305']
..." [color=#333333][i]the singer changed her surname to Ndegeocello meaning “free like a bird” at the age of 17.[/i]"[/color]

[color=#333333]I didn't know that...[/color]
[/quote]
I wonder what language that is? I tried Italian in Google translate and that drew a blank....

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1484227655' post='3213708']

That's exactly it, pick and chose carefully! There is some free stuff in the Montpellier gardens, and lots of food stands etc. but didn't offer any proper ales iirc.
I mean, ffs, it's a jazz festival, isn't their target audience real ale drinking beard stroking old blokes?
[/quote]

Cheers, I'm going to wait to see who else is playing before I make a decision.

If any of the assorted West Coast Get Down collective are invited then I'll almost certainly be getting some tickets.