Why become a member? ×

NPVD

kodiakblair

First thing is a very big THANK YOU to Merton for making this happen :)

The seller wouldn't post and within minutes of me putting the correct location up when asking for help Martin offered to
collect it. In fact he did more than collect it,he carefully packed it and organised the courier too !

What can I say bar the man's an absolute star.

The Peavey is the Zodiac DE Scorpio. Dave Ellefson from Megadeath worked for Peavey in AR for a few years and they decided
to do a signature bass together. Like the John Taylor Liberator bass the Zodiac was again chosen as the starting point. It's a 21 fret
maple/rosewood neck with 8" radius married to an alder body. Hi-Mass bridge, Duncan Bassline P/J pickups and a shiny scratchplate
complete the specs. Weighs 9lb.

Couple of year back I got a Zodiac DE body from Thunderbird,put Entwistle Neos in and added a Millennium BXP neck.Turned out
a helluva bass and reckoned I was good for Zodiacs :o

[attachment=235842:Zodiacs.jpg]

Then I see this stock Zodiac DE for £150 and think how nice the Duncans sound in my Dyna/Unity series. Put Roto Nexus on both
the Zodiacs so I could compare them better.Entwistle Zodiac is on the left. Conclusion's as follows.

Basslines sound nice but bloody hell are they quiet,the Entwistles OTOH are loud an proud.

Nexus strings will be coming off the Entwistle Zodiac,the high output and zingy strings are a bit much for me these days so maybe tapes or flats.Flats will work well with the Basslines too,they don't lack range just volume.Not a problem if you don't swap basses often.

Bottom line. Cracking looking bass with decent parts that I was lucky enough to get for little money.

[quote name='prowla' timestamp='1484347456' post='3214938']
Are there good Peavey basses?
[/quote]

Dangerous question to ask a man whose house is overrun with them :lol: Short answer is Yes & No.
There's some fantastic Peaveys like TL5's,Cirrus and B-Quads. Some average like the Milestones and Internationals.
Some kinda quirky like T-40s.Just damn fine basses like Furys and Foundations.

What kind of basses you interested in prowla ? There's sure to be a Peavey model close.

[quote name='prowla' timestamp='1484347456' post='3214938']
Are there good Peavey basses?

I've never been sure about them, but perhaps I've confused budget and high-end models.

(Genuine question, BTW - I'm not dissing them and am prepared to be "informed"!)
[/quote]

Even the budget ones are cost-effective IMO (though I don't know the Internationals). The Furys and Foundations are lovely :)