Why become a member? ×

Dave Swift is selling his '75 Precision

BrunoBass

Hi guys, thanks for the mention on here. 👍
I started to upload the post, but wasn't able to add a single photo for whatever reason?
Paul, you don't need £2,500, it's actually only £2,200! 😉

Here is the original post if any of you haven't seen it:
It gives some info on the bass, and hopefully will help justify the price.

"I'm selling my stunning 1975 Fender P bass with rosewood fingerboard, and ash body with rare walnut (mocha) finish in immaculate condition.
In the past, I've seen Fender basses with translucent stains with very plain, dull alder bodies, however, this ash bodied bass has a stunning grain on both front & back, which is complimented beautifully with the walnut finish.
It took me years to find this bass in this colour, with this grain, and with a rosewood fingerboard.
A lot of time & effort went into finding this bass. I had to import it from the US, and of course had to pay shipping costs, import duties & taxes.
This is all reflected in the asking price, so if you're in the U.K. and you decide to buy this bass, all the hard work has been done for you! 😉👍
Feel free to contact me for more details"

A few years back I would not have dreamt about selling this bass, but I'm getting married very soon, and my first baby is due in March, so I feel it's time to thin the herd out, and focus on my future family more. 😊

The cancelled operation was a real drag.....

I had a double hernia op several years ago which failed after six months.
I've been waiting all this time for another op, and then I was given the 10th Jan.
I cancelled gigs & sessions through January to enable me to have the op, and to recuperate. I wanted to do all this before the baby is due in March.
Now I've no idea what's happening. They have not given me a new date, and they've said it won't be anytime soon.
It may now interfere with my future work schedule, but there's not much I can do about it sadly.
Anyway, selling the Fender would definitely cheer me up! 😉👍

All the best,

Dave.

[quote name='Dave Swift' timestamp='1484419127' post='3215389']

I started to upload the post, but wasn't able to add a single photo for whatever reason?

[/quote]

Uploading photos to Basschat is more trouble than it's worth.

Far better to link to your images held on Photobucket (or similar).

Congratulations Dave. Had my first child, a daughter, myself four weeks back. Trying to convince her shell grow up to be a left handed bassist in an effort to keep my guitars. Don't know how to explain the need for a new cab to the Mrs though! All the best for fatherhood and the op.

Thank you all so much for your kind words & best wishes!
The cancelled operation was a real set back for me. I wanted to be fighting fit for when the baby arrives in March, but now I don't know what's happening.
With a ruptured double hernia, I have to be so careful what I'm lifting. (Thank goodness I've just got myself a Kala UBass!)
I'd deliberately kept January free for the op & recuperation, but if the next date they give me is in the middle of a Jools tour, then I've got problems!
Still, I'm not going to let this setback diminish my joy at becoming a first time dad at 53! 😉

Just to let you know guys, I sold both my 75 walnut/Mocha P bass, and my Xotic P5 within a couple of hours last night after I posted them on my personal Facebook page. Result!

Thanks again to all.

Best wishes,

Dave.