Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Boss GX700 rack multi-effect unit boxed complete
£90

JapanAxe

[u]Description[/u]

This 1U multi-effect unit from Boss features analog overdrives and distortions, digital delay, reverb, and modulation effects, and COSM amp and speaker simulation. There are instrument inputs front and rear, a mono series/parallel fx loop with level control, and stereo outputs. There are 100 user and 100 preset memory locations, and fx blocks can be combined [u]in any order[/u], making this a very flexible device. There is a large backlit display, and the menus are easy to access. To me the only 'hard' part of editing occurs when setting up external foot-switches and continuous controllers, the rest is pretty much a doddle.

The unit can be set up to run into the front of an amp, the fx loop, or both(!), or into full-range speakers.

Although originally intended as a guitar processor, there is plenty here for the bass player too - compression/limiting, octave (up as well as down), fuzz, drives, delays, reverbs etc.

[u]Condition[/u]

I gigged this for 3-4 years, in which time it was kept in a rack case. It is in very good condition - the display, data wheel and all sockets work fine, except for a bit of a crackle when first inserting a jack into the front input (after which it gives no trouble). It has since been in my home studio, working as a recording front-end. There are a few scratches on the case from jack plugs, otherwise cosmetic condition is good.

The unit comes complete in its original box with Boss BRC power supply and user manual - you can easily find a pdf of this online too, or I can email one to you if you like.

[u]Price and trades[/u]

I am using plugins more now, and as ever I have my eye on something else, so it's time for the GX700 to go. I am looking for [b]£90[/b] with insured UK delivery. You might find one for less on eBay, but not in this condition, boxed etc.

I am happy to consider trades via PM - hit me up as they say!

Edited by JapanAxe