Why become a member? ×

AguilarAG500SC112C:SOLD
£999

eubassix

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Specs:250W @ 8 ohms, 500W @ 4 ohms (with extension cab); 12" speaker Adjustable tweeter; Extension cab jack; Saturation circuit;Integral phase plug AG 500SC-112C 1x12 Bass Combo. Bright: +15dB >4kHz shelving ; Treble: ±13dB @ 4kHz shelving ; High Mid: ±14dB @ 800Hz peaking Low Mid: ±14dB @ 400Hz peaking ; Bass: ±18dB @ 40Hz shelving ; Deep: +6dB <100Hz shelving ; FX Loop: Series/Parallel ; Send pot is push/pull for line or instrument level ; Return pot is push/pull for parallel or series operation; Neutrik Speakon outputs ; XLR balanced D.I. out with Pre and Post EQ switch[ Tuner output ; 19"W x 19"H x 18"D ; 60 lbs. [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#0000FF][u][url="http://thebassgallery.com/index.php/ag-500sc-112c.html"]http://thebassgaller...500sc-112c.html[/url][/u][/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u]sold locally.[/u][/font][/size]

Edited by eubassix

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies, it's just that you said earlier in the thread that it was the same as the one sold at The Gallery. The one sold at The Gallery was a dual channel version (second overdrive channel with full e.q.) with a footswtich for channel changing and mute so therefore it's not the same as the one at The Gallery.

We had the 'big brother' 2x12" version of this at BassGear last year - sounded huge!

Really good combos and very rare - I don't think Aguilar have made another combo since.

I've owned both the single channel and dual channel versions of the AG500 head and I must admit that I found the second channel pretty much unusable. The overdrive sounded mushy and nasty and I never got a sound from it I liked. The single channel is great as it is, much easier, and more flexible, to simply add a pedal of your choice if distortion, fuzz, overdrive etc is required.

Of course that's just my ears but I do know a top pro player who gigged one for quite a while who said exactly the same thing about the overdrive channel :)