Why become a member? ×

SOLD.....Headless Custom 4 string Fretless, beautiful wood and Seymour Duncans.
£500

mybass

[size=5](I may be tempted to trade for a Markbass 2x12 or Markbass combo).[/size]

[size=5]This bass has sat in the cupboard after only doing a few gigs. I built it for ease of carrying onto flights to Italy some years ago using the Rockbag softcase (included in the price).[/size]

[size=5]£500 gets you a bass with some lovely woods that give the bass great sustain. The upper outline follows the P bass design.[/size]
[size=5]Beautiful 2 piece Mahogany main body wood that was off a very old piece of furniture. American Black Walnut top that I purchased from a wood yard about twelve years ago. A five piece maple/wenge neck. Macassar ebony fingerboard. (The 'control' guard I cannot testify to what it was but looks very much like the maccassar f/board wood offcut maybe). Actual controls are Vol/Vol/Tone. [/size][size=5]The tuning system is a licensed one bought 'as new' and uses standard string single ball ends. Seymour Duncan humbuckers. There are two strap holders at the base end, allowing two strap place options. Scale length is 34" with a double octave neck. Nut width is a tad over 1.5" / 39.3mm. It has 3mm side dots starting from low F. The neck leans more towards a P bass size than a Jazz neck though I'm sure it would take being 'slimmed' down. There are six wood cupped screws holding the neck solidly in place. The body and neck have an oil finish (Tru oil on body).[/size]
[size=5]I couldn't upload the mP3 sound clip but I have it available. It is recorded straight off a Yamaha desk.[/size]
[size=5]This is a very nice bass, excellent condition, plays easily and sounded monster on the gigs in Italy (through a Hartke rig). Its another custom build by me, a one off design. [/size]

Edited by mybass

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1484527004' post='3216165']
Pretty!
It would probably help if you inclluded the word "fretless" in the thread title :)
[/quote]
Quite right alyctes....I'm so used to playing fretless, I see it as the norm! ;)

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1484491148' post='3215834']
[size=5](I may be tempted to trade for a Markbass 2x12 or Markbass combo).[/size]

[size=5]This bass has sat in the cupboard after only doing a few gigs. I built it for ease of carrying onto flights to Italy some years ago using the Rockbag softcase (included in the price).[/size]

[size=5]£500 gets you a bass with some lovely woods that give the bass great sustain. The upper outline follows the P bass design.[/size]
[size=5]Beautiful 2 piece Mahogany main body wood that I was off a very old piece of furniture. American Black Walnut top that I purchased from a wood yard about twelve years ago. A five piece maple/wenge neck. Macassar ebony fingerboard. (The 'control' guard I cannot testify to what it was but looks very much like the maccassar f/board). Actual controls are Vol/Vol/Tone. [/size][size=5]The tuning system is a licensed one bought 'as new' and uses standard string single ball ends. Seymour Duncan humbuckers. There are two strap holders at the base end, allowing two strap place options. Scale length is 34" with a double octave neck. Nut width is a tad over 1.5" / 39.3mm. It has 3mm side dots starting from low F. The neck leans more towards a P bass size than a Jazz neck though I'm sure it would take being 'slimmed' down. There are six wood cupped screws holding the neck solidly in place. The body and neck have an oil finish (Tru oil on body).[/size]
[size=5]I couldn't upload the mP3 sound clip but I have it available. It is recorded straight off a Yamaha desk. [/size]
[/quote]
Bump with a trade option