Why become a member? ×

Cheapo Pedalboard

Harryburke14

Hi all,

looking to buy a decent quality pedalboard from somewhere that will fit half a dozen or so pedals. I already have a power supply so that isnt an issue. Looking to spend no more than £60 on a board that is well made with Velcro and decently sized that can be transported in a bag easily. Any recommendations? Been looking at a pedaltrain nano+ or sometging similar.

I've been looking around at this too recently and came across Palmer Pedal Boards - they look pretty good to me, ready fitted velcro and some can change the width between the rails. They come with a neat way to attach power supplies too. Haven't pulled the trigger yet and haven't really seen them mentioned before but I like the look of them http://www.palmer-germany.com/

I've just been through this when downsizing. I looked at Palmers and the Harley Benton Spaceship range mainly because i though they looked decent for not much money.

I ended up with a Pedaltrain Metro 16 - it was a little bit more but has the 3rd rail which meant that any pedals with top mounted jacks had a little more protection (and i could also get a micro pedal, wireless receiver or power supply on there sideways if i needed to). All the 2 rail designs leave the top edge vulnerable unless you unplug the jacks each time - i just wanted to set it and forget it.

If you switch the feet for some taller ones you can get a power supply underneath if you want to as well.

Here it is....

[url="http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/mudpup1/media/Guitars/99227500-7272-4F31-8412-A27489BE214F.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Mudpup

• 1 month later...

I use a Diago "gigman" board which is basically a solidly built briefcase with a nifty detachable top half, lockable latches and Velcro lining. It comes with a roll of the other side of Velcro for the bottom of your pedals. Definitely roadworthy but once you've loaded it with pedals it ain't light! The "gigman" model I have is the smallest in the range but might be slightly bigger than you're looking for unless you're thinking of expanding your pedal collection in the future?

Have a look:

So 7 pedals of varying size, plus a volume pedal and enough room spare for a power supply.

Edited by CameronJ