Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Wal Mk2 5-string 1986
£3900

Davyabram

With much regret I'm selling my 1986 Wal Mk 2 - I'm retiring from playing live and it's just too nice a bass to spend its life hanging on a wall. Bought from the excellent Dave Williamson (Midge Ure, etc) last year. It's a mahogany core with padauk facings and an Indian ebony fingerboard - weight is fairly typical at 11.4lbs. Comes with original Wal hard case.

Absolutely pristine condition, with the benefit of a recent refret/service at Electric Wood, where the little 'slapguard' was made and fitted. It's held in place by the lip of the truss rod cavity and can be easily removed - although I quite like it!

Due to the value of the bass I'd really prefer pick-up only from Redhill in Surrey - I want the buyer to be happy and I'd rather avoid giving it to a carrier. However can ship within the UK and Europe if absolutely necessary, at the buyer's expense.

Edited by Davyabram

Hmm, had I known this was coming up I might not have spent all my pocket money on my Warwick Dolphin ..... sure my Mk1 fretless would like a friend! For 1986 this one looks to be in incredible condition too.

Sadly out of budget for basses at the moment :¬(

[quote name='NickA' timestamp='1484739196' post='3217896']
Hmm, had I known this was coming up I might not have spent all my pocket money on my Warwick Dolphin ..... sure my Mk1 fretless would like a friend![/quote]

It would make an even better friend for my Mk2 fretless 5!!!

Whilst I'm quoting you, Nick, you couldn't do me a favour and satisfy my proof-reading eye and remove one of the 'L's from your Wall Custom? :gas:

• 2 weeks later...