Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a volume pedal

Gottastopbuyinggear

I play a couple of songs where I need to start quite quietly and increase volume as the song progresses, but there's no time to be using the volume knob, or at least it's not an option if I want to keep things flowing with my relatively agricultural technique. An example would be We Gotta Get Out Of This Place by The Animals - there's no let up until the end of the first chorus. I know I should be able to control the volume with my fingers, but frankly that's not going to be consistent enough with my, again, relatively agricultural style.

So ideally I'm looking for a volume pedal where I can set the volume at each end of the pedals travel so I have relatively fine control over the volume in between - i.e. I want pedal down to be full volume, pedal up to be just a bit less volume. I'm not looking to spend too much either - somewhere between £50 and £100 would be okay, preferably towards the lower end.

Can the Basschat collective let me know whether such a thing exists?

[quote name='Gottastopbuyinggear' timestamp='1484606660' post='3216868']
...actually the Ernie Ball MVP looks about right, but it's twice what I'm looking to pay.

Perhaps the VP Jr. with the heel chocked with a lump of wood!
[/quote]

I've got an artec active pedal that does exactly this.. it's a little tone sucky (but then I'm really fussy)..

Yours for £30 posted if interested ?

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1484606860' post='3216873']
I've got an artec active pedal that does exactly this.. it's a little tone sucky (but then I'm really fussy)..

Yours for £30 posted if interested ?
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now.

I've had a think about it and I'm going to hold off on a volume pedal for the moment. It's occurred to me that I use a VT Bass Deluxe on which I only have three presets set up, so I think I'll set the other three up with the tone I need, and increasing volume levels, so I can tap dance a little to get the changes in volume I need through the relevant songs.

The main thing I'm trying to get over is the feeling of "bloody hell I'm loud, and you can hear every mistake in dynamics" when it's only me playing or the rest of the band are very quiet. I think it's partly a nerves thing as well, and it'll get easier as I get more gigs under my belt (a grand total of 3 so far!).