Why become a member? ×

Alembic Series 2 Short Scale - SOLD -
£5700

steno

I am selling my beautiful Alembic Series 2 short scale (30.75") small body with top and back in flame Koa. The bass was built in 1982, but it was completely refurbished by the Mothership in Santa Rosa in 2010. The following work was done at the time:

- Upgrade of the electronics with new pickups and new 5-pin output
- New adjustable nut
- Hardware gold plated, including back plates
- Fret re-dress

[u]Original Alembic Spec's:[/u]
top and back: Flame Koa
body: Mahogany
accent laminates: none recorded*
neck: Maple and Purpleheart, 30.75 short scale
fingerboard: Ebony with mother of pearl oval inlays
peghead veneers: Koa
birthday: June 24, 1982

The bass is in excellent conditions, except for some small scratches on the back of the neck which do not have any impact when plying the bass. The red side led's on the neck work when the special Alembic cable is used in combination with the original power supply DS5 (blue box) which are both included in the sale. The bass can also be used with a normal jack and 2 9V batteries, but in this case the led's do not work. Original hard case originale included, I will ship insured to Europe at cost, the bass is located in Italy.

Adjusted price in GBP: 4.800,- or EUR: 5.500,-

I can send more pics to anyone interested.

Any questions let me know, thanks for looking!

[attachment=236055:76363.jpg][attachment=236056:received_10207870738339244.jpeg][attachment=236057:received_10207870739099263.jpeg][attachment=236058:received_10207870739499273.jpeg][attachment=236059:received_10207870740299293.jpeg]

Edited by steno

I Have been familiar with this bass for a number of years from the alembic web site forum and is one I have hoped would be mine at some point. I have heard some recordings with it made by the previous owner and it sounds as good as it looks. Unfortunately my bass budget Is seriously depleted at the moment. But if that changes before this gets snapped up then things may happen for me if brexit doesn't push the Pound down too far.
Until then all the best with finding a new owner.

Edited by jazzyvee

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1484732132' post='3217795']
I Have been familiar with this bass for a number of years from the alembic web site forum and is one I have hoped would be mine at some point. I have heard some recordings with it made by the previous owner and it sounds as good as it looks. Unfortunately my bass budget Is seriously depleted at the moment. But if that changes before this gets snapped up then things may happen for me if brexit doesn't push the Pound down too far.
Until then all the best with finding a new owner.
[/quote]

Thanks Jazzyvee,
I would really like to sell it to you as I know that you are quite familiar with this bass and yours would be a really good home for this beauty!

[quote name='NickA' timestamp='1484739498' post='3217905']
Does anyone know what ALL THOSE KNOBS & SWITCHES do!!!!!
[/quote]

You may have a look here:

[url="http://club.alembic.com/index.php?topic=272.0"]http://club.alembic.com/index.php?topic=272.0[/url]

• 2 weeks later...