Why become a member? ×

*Please Delete* Gallien Krueger 800RB 300w head
£375

nick

[size=4][b]Gallien Krueger 800RB [/b]for sale[/size]

Converted to 240v & given the once over by Justin @ Seeger Amplification aka 'Subthumper' here on BC... Lightweight toroidal transformer fitted - lower RF & more efficient.

Sounds immense, a true classic amp! :)
In good working condition, small scratch in paint on top of casing.

Spec.s from GK:
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][b][color=#0000ff][i]"A legendary bass guitar amp that has proven its worth over several decades.[/i][/color][/b][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000ff][i]Designed 20 years ago, the 800RB has long been a standard of the industry—the choice of countless players, touring bands, and backline companies. The amplifier head delivers 400W of biamp power in a rackmountable metal case, with 4 bands of active EQ, 3 voicing filters, and a weight of only 23 lb. Great deep, punchy sound. Roadworthy and studio friendly. [/i][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000ff][i][size=3][b]FEATURES[/b][/size][/i][/color][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]Low-300W @ 4 ohm, 200W @ 8 ohm[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]High-100W @ 8 ohm[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]Convection cooling[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]1/4" jack, 10dB pad, and volume[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]Low cut, contour, and high boost switches[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]Series four-band active.[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]Boost with jack, and LED crossover with switch[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]High and low master[/i][/color]
[*][color=#0000ff][i]Send/return[/i][/color]
[/list]
[url="http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/nickdawsonbass/media/20170116_152205_zpstiknnrnu.jpg.html"][/url] [url="http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/nickdawsonbass/media/20170116_152218_zps80afw7zb.jpg.html"][/url]

£375 ono - sorry no trades.
Local collection preferred (Bristol/Bath), though maybe be able to drop off within reasonable distance for fuel money.
Could also courier at buyers cost.

Please PM me if interested, or for further info etc...
Cheers! :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='umcoo' timestamp='1484757186' post='3218178']
Ohh very nice! For such a classic amp in the States, there's hardly any over here.

Someone messaged me a while back about finding one, I'll dig it out and send them a link. GLWTS
[/quote]

Cheers, much appreciated! :)

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1485015184' post='3220435']
Hi ,Had a couple of these over the years ,but cannot remember the protruding screw on the top.Is it any thing to do with the voltage change?☺
[/quote]
Hi Richard, yes it's the mounting bolt securing the upgraded 240v toroidal transformer. ☺

Edited by nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...