Why become a member? ×

2016 Fender Deluxe Precision (Mex) query ?

dmccombe7

Had a quick play with one of these today and was very impressed.
The bass has an active / passive switch but doesn't appear to have any tone control in passive mode.
Does anyone have one and can clarify before i look at buying.
There's no mention on the Fender website.

Dave

I've literally only had mine a few hours and I'm still getting to grips with the controls but I would say if it does have a tone control on passive it's very subtle as no matter how much I fiddle with various pots, I'm not hearing any difference.

Having said that you can get a similar effect to a tone control in passive mode by panning between the two pickups.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1484765610' post='3218287']
I've literally only had mine a few hours and I'm still getting to grips with the controls but I would say if it does have a tone control on passive it's very subtle as no matter how much I fiddle with various pots, I'm not hearing any difference.

Having said that you can get a similar effect to a tone control in passive mode by panning between the two pickups.
[/quote]

Ordered the Surf Pearl one today from GAK. Delivered next week. Let me know how you get on with yours.
As far as i know its predecesor didn't have the switch and was permanently active mode but with controls flat gave you same tone as passive mode ?
Will watch the Overwater VID to see what it says.
Certainly my Warwick has no tone control in passive mode so this is pretty much same.

Still a great bass tho.

Dave