Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt 'The Sideman'

AlpherMako4

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1484685263' post='3217553']
That's a shame, I'm on my honeymoon. Do people think Tina would prefer this to Iceland?
[/quote]First, congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Second, West Yorks over Iceland? Don't even ask, just pre-book your tickets for Guy's show, Mrs Ped will love it ;)

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1485249261' post='3222375']
I'm probably going to regret asking, but Mr Pratt seems to be a 'marmite' character on this forum, what has he done to deserve that?
[/quote]

What? You don't know?

He played a Jazz on The Delicate Sound of Thunder. He deserves everything he gets.*

[size=2]*Just kidding. Great player & raconteur. I've got a lot of time for him.[/size]

I'm probably going to regret asking, but Mr Pratt seems to be a 'marmite' character on this forum, what has he done to deserve that? He seems a pretty normal well rounded type of guy?
[/quote]

Don't go there. Long before I'd even heard of Basschat and its predecessors I believe his enjoyment of the forum was ruined somehow. Not sure of the circumstances but words were had and he left (I think).

I like the bloke's public persona from the bit I've seen and I'd be happy to buy him a drink or at least offer him a handshake if I ever met him.

I'm probably going to regret asking, but Mr Pratt seems to be a 'marmite' character on this forum, what has he done to deserve that? He seems a pretty normal well rounded type of guy?
[/quote]

One of the professionally offended accused him of saying something racist, IIRC.

• 4 weeks later...