Why become a member? ×

All the pedals, not necessarily in the right order

Cat Burrito

I have recently been experimenting with a couple of effects and have a very small board that I have put together. My question is simple, is this the best order? Bass into tuner into chorus (very occasional use) into VT Bass (left on pretty much all the time) into amp. The cars are purely cosmetic but if it helps, they improve sustain, balance the EQ and aren't really a pose!

I know nothing about effects so am happy to bow to any superior knowledge. Cheers.

[url="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Tim_73/media/pedal%20power_zpseckcnivk.jpg.html"][/url]

With just the 2 pedals and tuner, I reckon that's the normal setup.

You could try the Chorus through the Amps' effects loop, if the amp has one.

Looks like the all valve Ampeg PF50T Head doesn't, might be more a guitar amp thing...

No rules though, play around with the sound 'til you find the what you like.

This would be more complicated to sort out the order for....[attachment=236132:Reeves Gabrels pedal board.jpg]

It shouldn't take too long to try all the options.

The tuner should ideally go at the front of the chain so it gets the cleanest signal, but as has been suggested it might be worth putting it at the end to use it mute noisy pedals when you aren't playing.

Otherwise just try swapping the order of the other two. Personally I'd start by putting the chorus last, but it's purely subjective and what sounds best to you.