Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Signature Sansamp - Tech 21

Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1484818262' post='3218649']
[url="http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/geddysansamp.html"]http://www.tech21nyc...ddysansamp.html[/url]

'Parallel pre-amping' - sounds interesting!
[/quote]

Looks like a really nice piece and will sit nicely alongside the likes of DarkGlass and EBS Sheehan pedals (or the Ampeg BSP rack of course!) that offer up the parallel pre-amping design too. So maybe not 'unique' as the blurb suggests. That said, the more the merrier.

Ooh I so want this, but it leads me on to a related question. I know its conventional to stack the tumble dryer on top of the washing machine, but surely with the larger drum, the tumble dryer will give a better low end response if you stack them the other way around? :D

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1485433602' post='3223918']
Ooh I so want this, but it leads me on to a related question. I know its conventional to stack the tumble dryer on top of the washing machine, but surely with the larger drum, the tumble dryer will give a better low end response if you stack them the other way around? :D
[/quote]

I hope you're not mixing drum sizes? That way madness lies.....

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1485435074' post='3223935']

I hope you're not mixing drum sizes? That way madness lies.....
[/quote]

I've been using two 10" 4 slice toasters and a 15" Hotpoint for quite a few years now and no one has complained about my tone! 😤

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Tech21NYC' timestamp='1485356583' post='3223351']
The Geddy preamp will retail for $495 US. Street price should be about $369 US. Geddy runs the channels independently. The production model will have internal jumpers so you can mix the channels through a single output.
[/quote]

Just wait for the behringer version that will cost £40

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1485477919' post='3224341']

I've been using two 10" 4 slice toasters and a 15" Hotpoint for quite a few years now and no one has complained about my tone! 😤
[/quote]

Pretty sure a small double slice 12" toaster could replace all that with more heft. It'll be a crispier tone too.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1485497800' post='3224351']

Just wait for the behringer version that will cost £40
[/quote]

Helpful....

This looks like an interesting piece of kit and, providing the £ price doesn't exceed the $, it looks like a good price too!

Haven't checked, but do tech 21 sell power amps to accompany this??

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1485507614' post='3224398']
Helpful....

This looks like an interesting piece of kit and, providing the £ price doesn't exceed the $, it looks like a good price too!

[/quote]

Dunno either Kev, I did note with interest though, that a 'trend' that popped up at the NAMM show was pedalboard mountable power amps. Saw it on a youtube vid.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1485507614' post='3224398']
Helpful....

[/quote]

No, we do not offer any stand alone power amps at this time.

• 1 month later...