Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass pedal.

fretmeister

I'v waited so long for this! So cool to see it finally materialise.

Other than the sound sample tease here and there I don't know how it sounds either. Apparently more aggressive than a B7K but at the same time a very different flavour. I can't wait to hear it properly!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1484905937' post='3219508']
Quick NAMM vid

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPdrWcYAUJu/
[/quote]

Impossible to draw conclusions off such a video, but it certainly sounds more nasal than the B*K/Vintage

I have tried one of the prototypes. I wrote this about it, at that "other forum"

[quote] To those that follow the Darkglass pedal thread, it will come as no surprise that Doug is working with Jon Stockman on a new pedal. I was a bit naively thinking that I had heard what I needed from Darkglass when it comes to distortion pedals and I have a B7K and a VMT. After all, the BXK/VMT/Duality fuzz are no slouches in this space. So when I heard that a signature pedal was coming, I arrogantly thought I wouldn't need it as I have a B7K and VMT. Boy was I wrong! The new pedal is something different, again. From clean to brutal bass … soundscapes? I am sure I haven't heard anything like it before. (But then I haven't listened to Karnivool before.) If you like distorted bass, there is going to be some real goodies in there, quite a few actually. The prototype pedal was amazingly versatile. More so than both the B7K and VMT I think.[/quote]

Rest assured that I am getting one.

I just hope the pound improves by the time its released. One would assume it will be B7K/VTD priced, and at the moment they are back up for £285 at Bass Direct. They were £225 when the Ultra series came out :(

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1485083686' post='3220927']
Prices have gone up by loads due to the pound crash.

I got my VMTD for about £220, now they are £260 or more.

I bet the Alpha will be £300-£325. If they are, then I won't buy one new.
[/quote]

i get theres r n d and its a new pedal but if its that crazy money.