Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass pedal.

fretmeister

I have never had a pre-ordered musical item arrive on time.
Doesn't matter what brand or retailer. I think in a way we have been spoiled by Amazon DVD pre-orders and that sort of thing.

I now just view a musical pre order to be nothing other than getting in the queue, and I'll simply order it from a shop I trust rather than the one that might have it a little earlier.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1493117867' post='3285706']
I have never had a pre-ordered musical item arrive on time.
Doesn't matter what brand or retailer. I think in a way we have been spoiled by Amazon DVD pre-orders and that sort of thing.

I now just view a musical pre order to be nothing other than getting in the queue, and I'll simply order it from a shop I trust rather than the one that might have it a little earlier.
[/quote]

On principle ill do just that if it doesn't ship this week, wait a little longer (maybe??) and get it from Bass Direct.

I usually find that when non-musical items arrive on time I haven't got time to use them that day anyway!

Why new films are released on a Monday I will never know. I never have time to watch until the next weekend.

Actually - I wonder if they do it on a Monday because new releases at the cinema are on a Friday and they don't want people opting to stay in. Mmmm...

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1493127428' post='3285842']
Which UK shop already got and sold out of their stock then, Bass Direct? I've never seen them in stock anywhere over here.
[/quote]

Bax

Marvel can set a worldwide release date for a film before filming has wrapped because they have the money to make it happen, even if they have to hire another 500 people to get it done.

I don't know of any music company who could do that. I don't think it's a professionalism issue necessarily, I think it's a money issue.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1493205460' post='3286438']
Marvel can set a worldwide release date for a film before filming has wrapped because they have the money to make it happen, even if they have to hire another 500 people to get it done.

I don't know of any music company who could do that. I don't think it's a professionalism issue necessarily, I think it's a money issue.
[/quote]

I'd rather they just project further into the future with the date. Then surprise the market if it is earlier.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1493129389' post='3285865']
Bax
[/quote]

They are based in the Netherlands, although their UK site now does a very good job of hiding this fact by providing a UK address whch you'll notice says 'for correspondence only'. I don't think any UK shops have had them yet, so I think it's going a bit far to accuse Andertons of not getting stock due to not paying their bills.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1493206385' post='3286449']
They are based in the Netherlands, although their UK site now does a very good job of hiding this fact by providing a UK address whch you'll notice says 'for correspondence only'. I don't think any UK shops have had them yet, so I think it's going a bit far to accuse Andertons of not getting stock due to not paying their bills.
[/quote]

Well bugger me. I never knew that. Always looked at that address and assumed that where they were based.

At two day guaranteed delivery and prices in GBP i'd be still happy to use them over Thomann or any other overseas shop, but still, thats a little naughty. Even in the About Us section they don't seem to mention location.

I was looking at ordering something from them last year and the site was a little different, I think you could flick it between € and £ and it was more obvious it was a European site á la Thomann (with better prices mostly!). I was certainly not fooled into thinking it was a UK shop at the time, which I can see would be very easy to do with the way it is now!

Free returns and 60 day money back guarantee is a nice way to try these pedals out though!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1493116452' post='3285688']

Mine first said that then got an email update to say it would be in early may
[/quote]

May have missed it but where did you order?
I made mine at Andertons or whoever, and I got a text today saying its been shipped, will arrive tomorrow. Ordered last week I think ?

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1493302638' post='3287306']

May have missed it but where did you order?
I made mine at Andertons or whoever, and I got a text today saying its been shipped, will arrive tomorrow. Ordered last week I think ?
[/quote]

Got an email from Andertons saying early may, however like your self got a mail saying it will be coming tomoz well happy as I'm doing some demo filming on sat so can include the ao now :-)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1493372585' post='3287810']
Bass Direct have these in - just so you know.

Cannot get over the price. Are these hand soldered analog pedals? Or are they digital?
[/quote]

All their products have gone up loads. Funnily enough since a particular event we're not allowed to talk about.

Even the B3K is £200 now!!!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1493374252' post='3287838']
All their products have gone up loads. Funnily enough since a particular event we're not allowed to talk about.

Even the B3K is £200 now!!!
[/quote]

If I was Mr Trump, I would shout FAKE NEWS! ;)

The original B3K was around £235.00, so the weak GBP is causing prices to go up here, but they are still cheaper than when they started :)

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1493373741' post='3287830']
Deffo not digital, they are made by hand, however since they use tiny SMD components I expect they probably use a machine to do the actual soldering of components to the PCB!
[/quote]

Not picking or anything and I know the square root of zero on this stuff but the little book it comes with says it complys with limits for a class B digital device...
So that tells me it is digital.

Picked it up, unboxed it. Played with it, put it back in said box.

I'm sending it back unless someone wants it for the cost I brought it for minus postage it'd cost me to send it back to Andertons?

Don't get me wrong I like it, it sounds good and I can appreciate the width and breadth of all its tonal capabilities. It just isn't for me.

Fair enough just thought I'd mention it.
However I have googled as much as I can be bothered to and it wouldn't say this in the book unless the pedal is infact a digital device. Or that it's been tested anyway as a few years ago Electro-Harmonix were fined for not being compliant with some sort of regulations they have. It also doesn't say anywhere I've seen that it is all analog.

That being said, I don't care if it is or isn't. It's sounds good, I like it. Just don't like it more than what I already use to get the same sound.

Edited by Prime_BASS

Won't it be marked as Class B digital because of the power supply?

The pedal will be all analog, Darkglass do not use any digital circuitry.

Mine arrived, had a quick play and it does sound pretty good. Certainly much more aggressive in the mids than any other Darkglass circuit.