Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass pedal.

fretmeister

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1485286221' post='3222821']
also at that price its in the same kinda range as chase bliss brothers, def not the same kinda sound but with all the midi possibilities and different sound on tap via presets the Brothers looks pricey but kinda worth it, but it does sound very good!

andy
[/quote]

A very good point. Unless it's just a stompbox then that's okay to not have midi implementation, but Darkglass are somewhat more than that. Or at least they market themselves as that rightly or wrongly. I think that the ultras and their new amp should be midi enabled. For what they cost for a pedal, I wouldn't entertain getting one without it. No presets on a pedal that costs almost £350? It does seem a bit odd.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1485377619' post='3223562']
$360, someone has posted on the FB group. Not sure if this is based on anything concrete.

Going off current B7K/B7U prices, that will stick it at £325 here. :(
[/quote]

Dollar price doesn't have Vat on it!

360 USD is £284 + 20% = £340

Either way, I'm out. I not paying that for a drive pedal.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1485414854' post='3223722']

Dollar price doesn't have Vat on it!

360 USD is £284 + 20% = £340

Either way, I'm out. I not paying that for a drive pedal.
[/quote]

It's a full preamp, as opposed to a drive pedal. But the value of the pound really buggers us on this one.:(

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1485418476' post='3223754']
It's still almost £100 more than what I paid for the VMTD.

Still, when we are out of the Single Market it can only get better....
[/quote]
And the VMTD was $385 at release, which makes it even worse :(

Special trade deal with Finland???? Let's hope so!

I am so happy to be based in NL, come one €! I doubt it will be mindblowingly different and thus an addition to my trusted B7K and Bearfoot BBBO combo though, but it is clearly going to be a cracking pedal.

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1485292968' post='3222912']
They'll still sell though, just like there are plenty of people willing to spend over £800 on an iPhone.
[/quote]

I've no doubt they will, but iPhones and pedals like the Chase Bliss pedals offer a lot more. No doubt this pedal is stunning quality, but the range of drives and pre-amps are expensive from DG.

Seems fairly in line with other official amp bags, like Markbass for example.

The odd thing for me is that it doesn't immediately appear this bag will fit the new footswitch.

Edited by Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny, the fall in the pound has everything to do with and absolutely NOTHING to do with Brexit at the same time. A conversation for another forum, perhaps.

What I do wish to know is what will happen with the pound when Article 50 is triggered, as that will be around the time these will start shipping. Preorder at this price to avoid risk of £=Euro, or hang on for a better currency rate once the uncertainty is over?

I certainly want it, but the price is truly painful. Arghhhhhhhhhh

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1486412738' post='3231616']
What I do wish to know is what will happen with the pound when Article 50 is triggered, as that will be around the time these will start shipping. Preorder at this price to avoid risk of £=Euro, or hang on for a better currency rate once the uncertainty is over?
[/quote]

Markets hate risk. The pound will tank, at least in the short term. I've no skin the the DG game, but generally, if I think I'm going to need it and it's made outside the UK, I'm buying it asap. I'm scraping together enough for an octaver and some sort of preamp right now. Just kicking myself I didn't get another fretted bass last year.

• 2 months later...