stef030

so it is going to be a evening of it bites music
with his full band
in his word even dusted of the white squier
it all happens at the bush hall sunday
I cannot wait
if last nights gig in woverhapton is anything to go by
well it is going to be a special treat

Francis Dunnery with It Bites were brilliant. Met him when he was support for Robert Plant at Barrowlands gig many yrs ago.
He's a really nice guy and was more than happy having a beer with us in the lounge.
An absolute gent IMO.

Enjoy the gig.

Dave

well what a gig,
really superb,he was on top form playing was sublime,
the band was superb,bass player and drummer just nailed it,
then halfway through the set the bass player pull out a five string fretless wal
for the ice melts into water,that chap can play
all in all a fantastic night,great banter with the audience,
good sound fantastic show
,close your eyes and you were transported back to the day

Good to hear. Saw the original IB supporting Robert Plant then at their own gig on what turned out to be the last tour before FD left. Couldnt believe it when they launched into Vampires as it was a single b-side but a cracking track. Tight as a gnat's chuff.

Saw them on their last tour* at the Hammy. They opened with Bullet in the Barrel (a b-side, they were a great b-side band). Also met him at a band convention in Covent Garden in '89.
I was dismayed to hear he'd re-recorded a load of old IB songs from his time in the band - no need.

*There's only one IB for me - bought The Tall Ships and hated it - IB Light.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1485286717' post='3222827']
Saw them on their last tour* at the Hammy. They opened with Bullet in the Barrel (a b-side, they were a great b-side band). Also met him at a band convention in Covent Garden in '89.[/quote]I was a huge fan back in the day -- Astoria '88 is still one of my top 3 gigs ever. Sounds like you and I were at the same IBAS convention!:D
I was heartbroken when Frank called it a day; I went to their first post-Frank gig with John Beck on guitar and a chap called Lee Knott on vocals but the spark was gone. I do like what I've heard of the latter day John Mitchell-fronted band though.
[quote]*There's only one IB for me - bought The Tall Ships and hated it - IB Light.[/quote]If you still have your copy of Tall Ships and want to offload it, I'll gladly buy it off you.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1485289566' post='3222868']
I was a huge fan back in the day -- Astoria '88 is still one of my top 3 gigs ever. Sounds like you and I were at the same IBAS convention!:D
I was heartbroken when Frank called it a day; I went to their first post-Frank gig with John Beck on guitar and a chap called Lee Knott on vocals but the spark was gone. I do like what I've heard of the latter day John Mitchell-fronted band though.
If you still have your copy of Tall Ships and want to offload it, I'll gladly buy it off you.
[/quote]That's two places we were at together - I went to the Astoria gig too. Frank was a bit edgy at that convention, I guess the end was nigh. I remember them debuting two new songs at that Hammy gig too? You're welcome to the Tall Ships for free! PM your details.
Ps. Three places, I went to the Navajo Kiss gig at the Camden Underworld too! John Beck's a tidy guitar player.

Edited by spectoremg

Would have loved to see him in this (very brief) tour, but sadly all the venues were just too far. I hope he does it again, but with a more northerly slant - which, bearing in mind where he comes from shouldn't be hard!

And I think Tall Ships and Map of the Past are brilliant albums! To be fair though, any band that FD leaves is never going to be the same.

I wish I could have seen that show! I've seen IB with Francis years ago and love those first few albums. I like the later version but it's not in the same league. When I saw Francis do a festival gig it was just solo stuff and noodling about. I really thought he had turned his back on that catalogue.