Why become a member? ×

Replacement Speaker for GB Focus LT cab?

Pinball

Hi, It seems that the speaker of my Genz Benz Focus LT cab has gone. Although I can't see a problem it can't cope with the low B without distorting and rattling..
Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement or recommend an alternative
Details are:
Genz Benz
Model: GEC 12200-08
8 ohms
!2"

I reckon its worth doing as its a nice light cab

any assistance or advice is much appreciated

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1485046513' post='3220765']
Have you checked all the speaker mounting screws and rear connector panel are tight and airtight?
[/quote]

Good thinking but I checked that when I took it apart for a look. The wires to the speaker are long enough for me to take it our and place it on the floor and it is still sounding dodgy. It's like a torn cone but I can't see any evidence of that.
Note: I haven't pushed it as I just use it at home but I bought it 2nd hand a couple of years ago

Sorted thanks....I'm ashamed to say that it was a vibration problem of some kind. I'm still not sure what but maybe something to do with the edge of the speaker unit. It occurred to me that it was actually sounding worse when out of the cab so it may be something to do with vibration. I went back and tightened everything in the cab and put back the speaker taking care that it sitting right and wasn't touching any of the sides as it is a snug fit. It now sounds great-better than it has for ages so I maybe fixed more than one rattle :)
Thanks all

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1485085033' post='3220945']
Sorted thanks....I'm ashamed to say that it was a vibration problem of some kind. I'm still not sure what but maybe something to do with the edge of the speaker unit. It occurred to me that it was actually sounding worse when out of the cab so it may be something to do with vibration. I went back and tightened everything in the cab and put back the speaker taking care that it sitting right and wasn't touching any of the sides as it is a snug fit. It now sounds great-better than it has for ages so I maybe fixed more than one rattle :)
Thanks all
[/quote]

Glad you managed to mail it down.. :-)