Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sire M7 5-String

AREA

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Okay...here it is. Was delivered yesterday.[/font]

[color=#D0D0D0][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,][url="http://abload.de/image.php?img=20170121-p1210117azosj.jpg"][/url][/font][/color]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I have to say, this is an amazing Bass as my V7 is too. It seems if my V7 is some Kind of "Chopper", the M7 is a "Racing Bike".[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]For the last 10 Years i always played Jazz Bass like Basses, or Basses with a more "classical Outfit", so there is a little bit "getting used to it" for me, but it feels like a very good Addition to my V7.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]What I can see, it is unbelievable versatile and you can get Tons of good Tones out of it. The Eq is one of the most effective I've had so far.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Bass is superclean and powerful and reminds me soundwise of my Carvin LB75, but the M7 is more versatile. What I also like is, that the Pickups feel to be some Kind of rubbercoated and i like the Knobs better as those on my V7.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Craftmanship is flawless and it was really good playable right out of the Box, but I'll do some minor Adjustments in String Height tomorrow. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So far i am very pleased....[/font][color=#D0D0D0][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] :)[/font][/color]

I guess if they do a real P-Bass, I'll get GAS... :)

@Andrew: Preamp is the same and very effective 18V Preamp like the V7 Basses have. 3-Band with sweepable Mids and passive Toneblend. Added to that, it has three Switches. The Switches are "Active/Passive-Switch" and both Pickups are seperately switchable: Parallel Mode/ Single Coil Mode(Outer Coils)/ Series Mode. That makes the Bass very versatile.

Craftmanship is, as mentioned before flawless and I like the matte Finish. The Bass is very clean sounding and superdefined and with 4,1 Kg/9.0 lbs it is light. The 35" Scale makes a very good Low-B and it sounds very even across the whole Fretboard.

Something different to Jazz Basses wich I dig, but I like it alot...

Edited by AREA

• 1 month later...

I've been eyeing up these for a bit, but am concerned about the upper horn extending only to around 13th fret.

I have generally found this makes basses hang further over to the left, and makes the first few frets much harder to reach; also I generally find instruments where the upper horn does not reach 12th fret or further have neck dive.

Do you have any comments on reach to the first few frets and balance on the strap?

Thanks.

Pete

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1489849066' post='3260313']
Have you tried to string it through body yet ? I believe there have been issues on other sire basses
[/quote]

Both of my Sire Basses, the M7 as well as the V7 are "stringed throug the Body" at the Moment and I have absolutely no Issues with it....

I checked out the bridge of my friend's 4 string V7, and it seemed to have an appropriate amount of clearance for a reassuring break angle.

I only had a minute with it, though, so I didn't have an opportunity to check the intonation. However, unless it was way, way strikingly off, I really don't think it should be any cause for concern.

I prefer the slight practical edge of top-loading bridges, and I've never been convinced of any worthwhile tonal benefits of stringing through, so take that for whatever it's worth. :P