Why become a member? ×

SOLD Status Series 2 Bass - Unique Finish
£1500

Stuart Clayton

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hi all,[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I've decided to part ways with my Status bass. It's a headless Series 2 (with bendwell) with an unusual finish which I was a one-off - I'm not sure if Status have finished another bass in this way. It's a 'soft lacquer' finish, and is very tactile, very nice to touch. [/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I purchased this new from Status in August 2015 and paid £1790 for it. I have gigged it once, and purchased it with the intention of using it for teaching. It was used (by me) for a few months at the music college I work at, but I stopped using it when I had my custom Sei bass built. It has one small bit of damage: there is a chip in the lacquer on the top edge of the neck - this is shown in one of the photographs. There are also some minuscule white marks on the back, I think from where it's been resting on a stand. Again, shown in one of the photos. The price reflects these factors.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The bass comes with a Status hardcase and all original documentation. If you’re interested, let me know and I will calculate shipping costs based on where you are. The bass is in North Devon and I am happy for anyone who is interested to come and take a look. No trades thanks.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Any questions, just let me know. You can email me on [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] if needed.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Stuart[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][attachment=236496:IMG_4014.JPG][attachment=236497:IMG_4013.JPG][attachment=236498:IMG_4015.JPG][attachment=236499:IMG_4017.JPG][attachment=236500:IMG_4012.JPG][/font][/color]

Edited by Stuart Clayton

I remember this one when Status first listed it :)

Full Specs are:
S2-Classic

Headless 4-string, woven graphite bolt-on neck.
Custom 32" scale fingerboard with 'BendWell'.
19mm string spacing.
Bookmatched Walnut facing with walnut centre section.
2-piece solid Mahogany body.
Natural on the front, deep cherry on the back.
Custom 'soft feel' satin lacquer.
Two Status soap-bar pickups.
3-band EQ with variable frequency midrange.
Master volume, pickup blend control.
Mono-rail bridge/tuner units.
Black hardware.

Have you asked Rob Green how much it might cost to repair that chip Stuart?

Edited by molan