Why become a member? ×

Sire V7 leftie options.

subsizzle

Getting back to playing after a couple of years out. After much looking about have decided on Getting one of these. Can any if you reccomend the ash or alder or the vintage ash or alder. Never bought a bass online and can't try these anywhere. Would appreciate the guidance. Thanks.

I would go for ash body if you're having a maple fretboard, alder if you're having rosewood (which my phone auto corrects to firewood, interestingly!). The ash and maple combo should give a brighter sound with a bit more snap, alder and rosewood is your traditional darker and rounder sound.
The vintage versions, I believe, have the bridge pickup closer to the bridge in the 70s position.
Great to have these options for a lefty!

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1485247211' post='3222360']
I would go for ash body if you're having a maple fretboard, alder if you're having rosewood (which my phone auto corrects to firewood, interestingly!). The ash and maple combo should give a brighter sound with a bit more snap, alder and rosewood is your traditional darker and rounder sound.
The vintage versions, I believe, have the bridge pickup closer to the bridge in the 70s position.
Great to have these options for a lefty!
[/quote]

Yep. after even more thought I'm going to go with th evintage in alder whick comes with a mapple neck so should be a nice mix of Warm/bright.
It is greatg to have all these options as a leftie in this price range.

Edited by subsizzle