Why become a member? ×

ALL GONE bodies, necks, PUPs, bridges, FX, cases. bass.

A few bits that have been lying around and which need homes (mostly unfinished projects). Pics will follow in a few days when I've found my camera (just moved house). All prices inclusive of P&P.

[u]Please please please do not PM me on these[/u][b][/b], just stick a response below so that if I've missed any details everyone else gets the update too. Any of the below can be collected from Cobham, Surrey (literally 5 mins from Junction 10 M25) or we could meet on one of my regular trips up the M1). Otherwise postage is of course fine. Paypal, cheques, cash (or trades?) welcome. I'm looking for some vintage-voiced Precision and Jazz (bridge) PUPs at present so if you have any and any of the below tempts you, give me a shout.

Bodies
'78 Fender Precision, neck plate & screws. Amazing 3t sunburst refin by Martin Simms (some clown had painted it yellow in the '80s). F*ucking stunning to look at and play, and not a mark on it. Looks like a NOS. Refin cost me £300.... Have now switched to a '77 body routed for a Jazz PUP also so this body is now surplus. Credit crunch price of £350 to BCers before I put in on the bay. This has to be seen to be believed, honestly.
Fender Squire P/J, black. Perfect condition: £50
Unknown brand P/J extremely lightweight, black: £30

Necks
Fender Squire Precision, fretted, rosewood, jazz/A width (1.5"), lovely black headstock, string tree. Perfect condition: £45
Unknown brand fretless Precision, rosewood, medium/B width (1.625"). Neck in good condition. Tree and tuners included:. £50 SOLD

PUPs
SD Basslines SPB3 quarterpounder (Precision). Pretty much as new: £35 SOLD
SD Basslines APB2 Active (Precision) & pots/battery clip etc: £45
SD basslines SJB3N quarterpounder (Jazz, neck position): £30

Controls
Pair of stacked vol/tone controls for Precision/Jazz (or anything I'd guess). Chrome knobs. Cost me a lot of money (not sure if I was had to be honest): £30

Bridges
Badass II chrome with bright tone (grooved) saddles: £40 SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Badass II nickel with original uncut saddles: £30 SOLD

Precision Pickguards
Black for '57 (alternative for gold that it is suppiled with): £10
Tort 70's fit (3 ply): £10 SOLD
White 70's fit (single ply) £10

FX
Bass Pod Pro rackmount: £175
Nomad Bassman (lovely retro rackmount preamp, compression to infinity, octaver, chorus etc etc.): £100
Carlsbro Minifex Compressor (foot switch a bit tempremental but fine if left on all the time. Or off of course): £20
Aphex Punch Factory compressor. Not compressy enough fpor me, but apparently the choice of better bassists :) : £50

Flight Cases
1 x Fender Jazz/Precision (foam cut for Jazz but has been used for my Precisions). Heavy: £50 SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
1 x Ibanez Roadster (foam pretty much fu**ed so would now be used fror pretty much any bass). Very heavy but makes you like you mean business: £50

Bass
Ibanez Roadster Quadra fretless (1980). Amazingly versatile active/passive. Retro mojo by the ton. Maple board in great nick, pots a little crackly but nothing serious. Would come with flight case above if required. £225. Identical to this one without the horrible neck wear

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-roadstar-quadra-active-fretless-bass-1980_W0QQitemZ120319111017QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120319111017&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-roadstar-quad...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='budget bassist' post='309269' date='Oct 18 2008, 02:59 PM']Sounds alright to me, though i've just dropped a fair bit of money on some other gear and i'm waiting for my fincances to be back in order, if you know what i mean :huh:[/quote]

Mmmm, think I know what you mean :)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='309274' date='Oct 18 2008, 03:01 PM']Straight swop....Brand New Artec Giovanni Vintage Precision Pup and a Jazz Bridge Pup , Fiber bobbins Formvar 42 Gauge wire Alnico 5 magnets brand new for the Stack Pots.....?[/quote]

Sound cool. Can you give me a bit of time to do some homework on the PPUP? What JPUP is it?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='309279' date='Oct 18 2008, 03:03 PM']Sound cool. Can you give me a bit of time to do some homework on the PPUP? What JPUP is it?
Chris[/quote]

Jazz pup is the same....have a look at my forum prosebass guitars or at [url="http://www.artecsound.com"]Artec[/url] their english is great I'm hoping to re-write their site for them...
I'll throw an EXP unit in to make the price up. They pups normally retail for twice as much just got a few left to shift.

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='309460' date='Oct 18 2008, 08:37 PM']Sorry if I'm being a tard but can I straight swap the active SD's for passive or will I need more circuitry?[/quote]

If it's an SPB1 or similar, yes you can :)

And no, you don't need extra circuitry, apologies for missing the point first time around!
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Hi, the flight case sounds perfect. Can you send me picture? Also, although Iäm working in Swindon I've no car, so any chance of a price for delivery?

Case isn't needed urgently (Mid-Nov tour), so if you're daahhhn Saaaafff any time perhaps we could hook up.

Cheers! Lawrie

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='309930' date='Oct 19 2008, 05:28 PM']Hi, is the grooved badass II the pre grooved version or have you put the grooves in your self. If its pre grooved ill take it, can you PM me with your response please.

Regards
Sean[/quote]

Pre-grooved.
Chris

[quote name='Raggy' post='310236' date='Oct 20 2008, 09:35 AM']I'll have the fretless Precision neck please Chris.[/quote]

It's all yours Raggy
Lawrie, I'm sure we can work someting out although can't ptomise I'll be donw your way in ther next few weeks.
So, fretless neck, Badass II/slotted saddles and fender-fit flight case sold pending the usual (I'll PM payment details). I'll stick the rest on the bay on Friday unless any of you lot need me to hold something pending payday :)
Chris

I'll take the other Badass, the SD QP P pickup and the tort pickguard Chris. How much to post that lot? I can paypal you the money any time, just give me a total and your paypal details.

Cheers

Ian

[quote name='Bigwan' post='310584' date='Oct 20 2008, 04:36 PM']I'll take the other Badass, the SD QP P pickup and the tort pickguard Chris. How much to post that lot? I can paypal you the money any time, just give me a total and your paypal details.

Cheers

Ian[/quote]

Hi Ian, that's £75 posted. I'll PM paypal details this evening
Cheers
Chris