Why become a member? ×

Talk to me about the Yamaha TRB6 1.

bubinga5

Does anyone own one of these.? Im after a bit of info on the first generation Yamaha TRB6 with the slap cut away.

This is the instrument I'm talking about. What are they worth.? What are the Jazz pickups like.? and are they replaceable with the same pickups or with any other brand. What price might i pay for a very good example..

Im aware both the bridge and tuners might be tarnished being an older instrument, are they replaceable.?

It would seem my musical circumstances have changed and the GAS is strong with this one.

Thankyou for any info.

Edited by bubinga5

I've owned many Yamaha TRB's. My 2nd bass was a Mk1 4 string and I've owned TRB4/5/6P's, Mk1's and Mk2's. I'd say that they rate well against the later models and I prefer the 34" scale of the Mk1 too.

If you find a good one I'd say buy it. An itch left unscratched.....

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1485333989' post='3223117']
I've owned many Yamaha TRB's. My 2nd bass was a Mk1 4 string and I've owned TRB4/5/6P's, Mk1's and Mk2's. I'd say that they rate well against the later models and I prefer the 34" scale of the Mk1 too.

If you find a good one I'd say buy it. An itch left unscratched.....
[/quote]I owned the 5 string version of the bass above but it had soap bars. I just wondered how the Jazz pickups faired.?