Why become a member? ×

Soda drive

Patchbass

So has anyone had one of these and can comment on it? With pedals getting more and more expensive, this guy keeps them pretty cheap at £65 and they sound pretty good
on the demo, has anyone actually bought one? Can see it potentially replacing my VMT...

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFRFOzJ5Wx4"]https://www.youtube....h?v=PFRFOzJ5Wx4[/url]

Edited by Patchbass

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1485467446' post='3224250']
I'm a little curious as well. I got a Ray gun Aroura delay a couple of weeks ago ..... Superb quality,silly low priced.
[/quote]
Yeah I know some guitarists with his stuff and it's really well made, just can't believe the prices, I may give the bass soda drive a go at Somepoint..

Edited by Patchbass

• 1 month later...

Off the back of this thread, I got one. Had it delivered to my old man, who tried it out for me. He says build quality is superb, and the tone range very flexible from low gain to full on fuzz. The boost mode is very usable, really thickening up the sound without any distortion. He was so impressed that he got one for himself.

Mr. Raygun is a gent too; great communication.

Full disclosure: I haven't had a chance to use it yet myself. However, I trust Dad that the youtube vid in the OP is accurate, and that this is the 'creamy', 'thick', 'gritty', 'warm', 'pushed' voicing that I have been looking for, as well as much more. Am about to start to learn how to record properly, so will do my best to put up some clips at some point in the future.

• 2 weeks later...