Why become a member? ×

I may need a great cheap Jazz bass. MIM 70's classic Jazz.?

bubinga5

Cant emphasize too much how good this bass is!

[URL=http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/wallyherschell/media/PRS%20Kestrel%20Bass%20Black/image_zpsnnikkyim.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u451/wallyherschell/PRS%20Kestrel%20Bass%20Black/image_zpsnnikkyim.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1486142949' post='3229641']
Cant emphasize too much how good this bass is!

[URL=http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/wallyherschell/media/PRS%20Kestrel%20Bass%20Black/image_zpsnnikkyim.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u451/wallyherschell/PRS%20Kestrel%20Bass%20Black/image_zpsnnikkyim.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]Am I wrong on saying that PRS basses are not cheap.?

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"I'm in the same camp as you, bub - GASing for a Jazz for a while. And here's the killer, I just missed a MIM Fender on a local Facebook group that went for £300. Could have easily viewed before buying - ruddy typical."[/font][/color][/i]

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Was that the black jazz in Leeds. I was very nearly tempted by that too, even though I've got a fantastic MIM Jazz & don't need another one! [/font][/color][/i][i][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I've just gotta keep telling myself that! GAS is a terrible affliction![/color][/font][/i]

[quote name='Bass Fumbler' timestamp='1486147604' post='3229690']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"I'm in the same camp as you, bub - GASing for a Jazz for a while. And here's the killer, I just missed a MIM Fender on a local Facebook group that went for £300. Could have easily viewed before buying - ruddy typical."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Was that the black jazz in Leeds. I was very nearly tempted by that too, even though I've got a fantastic MIM Jazz & don't need another one! [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I've just gotta keep telling myself that! GAS is a terrible affliction![/color][/font]
[/quote]
That was indeed the one. I really like that scheme too - black / maple and white guard. You watch, I'll buckle and I'll go buy one new then worry about the mortgage later.

Dunno about the OP's reason but mine is [i]partially[/i] to tick a box of having a Fender. Partially, mind. I don't have badge-blindness, it's just that every time I've played one in a shop I've liked it *shrugs shoulders*.

This thread tipped the scales today - went into local PMT, tried a Squier Vintage Modified and a MiM Fender. Looks like it'll be New Bass Day during this week :blink:

[quote name='MisterT' timestamp='1486318247' post='3230854']
Dunno about the OP's reason but mine is [i]partially[/i] to tick a box of having a Fender. Partially, mind. I don't have badge-blindness, it's just that every time I've played one in a shop I've liked it *shrugs shoulders*.

This thread tipped the scales today - went into local PMT, tried a Squier Vintage Modified and a MiM Fender. Looks like it'll be New Bass Day during this week :blink:
[/quote]
I have to say that given a Squier and a Fender, I'd go for the Fender.

[quote name='prowla' timestamp='1486319240' post='3230864']
I have to say that given a Squier and a Fender, I'd go for the Fender.
[/quote]

That's exactly what happened. Tried the Squier first to get a handle on the situation. The noise was pretty close but the satin neck finish and the instrument's sustain on the MiM shone through. Boy that Squier was light, not sure what wood they're using on that but it was a good dollop lighter.