Why become a member? ×

Kinda NBD!

DaytonaRik

My Tokia Hardpuncher backup has been suffering with odd volume output level changes and despite a deep cleaning of the pots the problem persisted so I thought I'd swap the pots out. However, as the previous owner reminded me, the guy HE bought it from had super-glued the knobs onto the pot shafts and they were not for moving!

I figured that this was a good a time as any to bring the black on black Tokai into line as my Lynott back-up so a few quid were spent on a new scratch plate, pots, knobs, jack and a few 0.015uf Mullard caps.

The p/ups needed to move 1-2mm towards the bridge as the scratch plate is designed for a USA/Mex Precision rather that a Tokai, and the routing around the jack socket meant that the jack was a tight fit and could only fit in one particular alignment but neither of these issue caused any real problems.

So - a couple of of hours to take everything off, rewire then refit and tadaaaa! My Tokai Hard Puncher is now a true-to-life backup of my Limelight 70's relic'd 'Lynott' Precision. Happy days!

[attachment=236703:Tokai_1.jpg][attachment=236704:Tokai_2.jpg][attachment=236906:IMG_6554.jpg]
[attachment=236705:Tokai_3.jpg][attachment=236706:Limelight.jpg][attachment=236905:FullSizeRender.jpg]

Edited by DaytonaRik