Why become a member? ×

N(ish)BD - Squier CV 50s Precision

Harryburke14

So, after having 50s P GAS for the longest time, I went to the local guitar shop to have a look at the new gear, and even got to play some of the 2017 Ibanez gear as the Ibanez reps were in. Coming down the stairs to leave I see this, looking all lonely in a sea of Fender American stuff and in need of a good home. So naturally, I asked to pick it up and have a play. The next day I went back and swapsied a Squier Strat (Im not a guitarist and likely never will be) for this beaut.

What can I say? It looks and feels great, and with the right EQ settings on the Rumble 500 sounds great too. Will it sound as good as the higher end Fender 51 Basses? Probably not. Will it sound better with a Seymour Duncan in there? Possibly. But for the deal I got it for I have to say it is superb, with a nice baseball bat of a neck and super skinny frets, chunky high mass bridge and the rather fetching '51 styling. Very, very happy with it. Sounded great at rehearsals in the week too. The only thing i might change in the near future is trying flats (if anyone has any suggestions for nice non-rubbery feeling flats). 50s P GAS well and truly quenched.

Edited by Harryburke14

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1485775373' post='3226509']
Looks the biz! I think I'm right in saying Squier dropped this from their catalogue, why? As to flats, if you can get them La Bella Low Tension, they Re not rubbery and close enough to round wounds not to need to fiddle with truss rod and nut generally.
[/quote]

La Bella low tension flats ordered!