Why become a member? ×

NBD - Ibanez SRC6

Woodinblack

I have a bit of a thing with 6 string guitar / basses. I originally had a Squier VI, which eventually I traded on here as I wasn't really using it. After getting rid of it, I kind of missed it occasionally (although that is true of everything I get rid of), so when another bass VI came up locally quite cheap before Christmas, I picked it up. And since then I haven't done that much with it!

I had notice the Ibanez version, and thought it might be an idea, as I like ibanezes, so I thought an Ibanez VI might be better than a Squier one, but whereas the squier is pretty cheap, the Ibanez isn't.
But last week one appeared pretty cheap so today I nipped out and picked this up:

[IMG]http://www.alienrat.co.uk/photobucket/IMG_0738_zps8qo3runx.jpg[/IMG]

First impressions are very favourable, in that it is more ibanezy, where the bass VI is more fendery, which instantly makes it more useable to me. And it doesn't have a term (which I think is a flaw on the bass VI).

Whether I use it or not remains to be seen, but I think there is probably another bass VI heading to the marketplace soon!

Edited by Woodinblack

Nice basses. I kinda yearn for a fretted 6er too.
Easier for playing chords than the fretless i have.

Did try one of these few yrs back but found the string spacing quite narrow. How are you finding it. ?

Good luck and all the best with new bass.

Dave

Oh yes, very narrow. Although you can play it with fingers it really isn't meant for that, and it works better picked. It plays much more like a deep heavy strung guitar, which is I suppose what it is.
Plays nicer with chords than a Bass VI does but early days for comparisons.