Why become a member? ×

Fender Musicmaster 1977/78 SOLD
£575

Jonse

Fender Musicmaster Bass made in 1977/78 (serial number S7 21431.) Lovely aged yellow finish with plenty of knocks (what 40 year old doesn't have a few scars?)

Has the original wiring (6 pole pickup) which sounds decent and balances well at 3.2kg. Has a very low action which, combined with the light weight and short scale, makes this a joy to play. Currently strung with some short-scale round wounds.

It's currently not sporting it's original pickguard however that it included in the sale as is a basic padded gig bag.

Some spacing around the neck pocket where it has settled but nothing out of the ordinary. Done my best to try and document what damage that bass has sustained.

I got this on eBay. Here's what the previous owner had to say about the bass:

"[i]The bass was overhauled this year by nationally renowned Wirral luthier KGB. All electronics attended to together with the neck and frets and given a clean bill of health. They fitted the new scratch plate with the original set of screws. The 'line' showing on the back is just in the paint and does not affect the body of this lovely old Fender.[/i]"

Potential buyers are welcome to come round and give it a try, I will also deliver to the local Leicester area for free. I am also prepared to ship this bass but please do contact me regarding this so I can calculate shipping costs / dates. This usually costs around £25. I use Interparcel / UPS. Alternatively, I'm prepared to deliver at a rate of 40p/mile for petrol, (reasonable distances only.)

Open to offers but no trades thanks. Thinning the herd again.

You can find more pictures [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zh2nx1z4mh2huro/AAAXZbCo3YGb_k9VBUd7KAYma"]here[/url].

Thanks everyone,
Chris.

Edited by Jonse

[quote name='BigJim' timestamp='1485783705' post='3226625'] What colour is the original pickguard and why the change? [/quote]

That would have been some useful info...

It's a 3 ply black guard. One of the corners has snapped off at some point.

Edited by Jonse

Ooh yer bugger Jonse, this bass is one of the last basses I need to own!!especially now my elbows knackered and I'm resigned to using short scales. I can do a pound a week lol! Glwts if I can come up with some dosh I'll be back! Just bought 2 mustangs so cash is low atm. Thought you'd hung up yer bass boots?

Edited by highwayone

[quote name='highwayone' timestamp='1485796248' post='3226760']
Ooh yer bugger Jonse, this bass is one of the last basses I need to own!!especially now my elbows knackered and I'm resigned to using short scales. I can do a pound a week lol! Glwts if I can come up with some dosh I'll be back! Just bought 2 mustangs so cash is low atm. Thought you'd hung up yer bass boots?
[/quote]

You'll get more from the Mustangs Highwayone, but it'd look really cool as a trio, or swap out the squier for this = winner.............

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' timestamp='1485902500' post='3227672']

You'll get more from the Mustangs Highwayone, but it'd look really cool as a trio, or swap out the squier for this = winner.............
[/quote]
Think my bags would be packed if I bought this though 😁

My first bass was an Olympic White Musicmaster back in '78.

Sold it for a Pro One synth in the '80's and have been missing it ever since :(

I keep thinking about buying one just to noodle around on at home and this looks a really nice example!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...